DAL- let's bring Compass to mainline..website and resolution

Re: DAL- let's bring Compass to mainline..website and resolu

Keep it on the road kids.

Trying to...somehow this thread has turned from Compass returning to mainline to Meyers bringing RAH and our birds into this.

Surreal...referring to our contract with Airways that we have. If they want us to take seats out, let's do it, but realistically, that's not going to happen unless the scope is changed. They can't just decide to sit our airplanes as well. We get paid the same whether there is 10 seats or 86, so shrink 'em down for all I care.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...Compass possibly going to Delta mainline...

:panic:

That would be crazy.

There are 310 line pilots at Compass and probably about half of them are over the age of 35, and a decent chunk are over 50.

Additionally that amount of pilots is a drop in a bucket out of 12,500. There are already plenty of pilots at the bottom of the new Delta list with 30 years of flying to go.

Also true. I guess (and this is just straight up vanity and selfish ness), I don't want to retire as a CA on a 175. Then again, as my lovely life pointed out, Doug is an FO and happy, so maybe it's not too bad.

Most of the guys I see in the terminal in MEM in the Compass uniform appear younger than me, so maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. I've talked to a couple that are pretty cool. Unfortunately, I've also talked to a lot that think they already ARE mainline and look down on us -200 drivers that aren't WO. Puts a bad taste in my mouth, but that's just me. I doubt it represents their pilot group as a whole.

Now, the BIG question is, what happens to the guys that were in the hiring pool at NWA if this happens? That's some bad timing and luck to be hired, waiting on a class date and see a staple job between you and your seniority number.

This weekend, I have a long nap, a couple meals and a 48 hour layover in Rome. Well, it's either that or six legs a day and a 10 hour layover in an MEL'd MD-88 as captain. No thanky.

I guess (and this is just straight up vanity and selfish ness), I don't want to retire as a CA on a 175.

Would 250k/yr (in today's dollars) change your mind?

I'm just saying. If I made that when I flew the 170, and the low level of work the plane caused me, I'd have been fine with that.

Back on to it.

Keep it up Peanuckle! Best of luck to ya'll.

Trying to...somehow this thread has turned from Compass returning to mainline to Meyers bringing RAH and our birds into this.

Surreal...referring to our contract with Airways that we have. If they want us to take seats out, let's do it, but realistically, that's not going to happen unless the scope is changed. They can't just decide to sit our airplanes as well. We get paid the same whether there is 10 seats or 86, so shrink 'em down for all I care.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread...Compass possibly going to Delta mainline...

:panic:

Gotcha, just seeking clarification.

When's your guys agreement with Airways expire then? ;)

Would 250k/yr (in today's dollars) change your mind?

I'm just saying. If I made that when I flew the 170, and the low level of work the plane caused me, I'd have been fine with that.

Yep. I guess I'm just starting to get burned out on "regional" flying. I think the fact that I only have 10 days off a month is kinda wearing on me, and it's making me bitter and jaded. :) I keep forgetting flying that 175 would be on a MAINLINE contract and work rules. On second thought, go for it. I just gotta knock these last two on-line classes out, and the apps going off to Delta.

The only thing I can think of is that he was referring to the holding company since Shuttle is under it. I dunno.

I had a response for your earlier comments, Kell... but it looks like you're coming around to see the light. :)

At least we aren't having people accusing us of only caring about the 170's on this site because the "CRJ900 isn't good enough" like on another one. Durrr.

At least we aren't having people accusing us of only caring about the 170's on this site because the "CRJ900 isn't good enough" like on another one. Durrr.

You know.....you guys only seem to care about the 170s because the CRJ900s aren't good enough!

:D

I can understand why you're looking at the 175 and Compass. You made good points. If you had an argument to pull the -900 onto the cert, I'd be all for that, too. However, there aren't NEAR as many good arguing points to pulling the -900s onto the cert as there are for Compass.

I can understand why you're looking at the 175 and Compass. You made good points. If you had an argument to pull the -900 onto the cert, I'd be all for that, too. However, there aren't NEAR as many good arguing points to pulling the -900s onto the cert as there are for Compass.

There are a lot of legal reasons for it. The Ford-Cooksey settlement is one of them. We do not want to bit off more than we can chew. It has been done like that before and look where it got us. One steady step at a time.

Behold our newest DAL member at JC.

ACL65 is also sponsoring the bill. I bring the pom-poms, he brings the brains.

Oh no he di' 'int!

If I could figure out how to do that *snap snap snap* with the little head shake thing, I would.

Do you post in the ALPA forums much, Dough? I need to head over there more but it takes too much button pushing to get there.

I make sure to read ACL65pilot's posts on two other forums if I see one that I hadn't read.

There is always good information, not rumors.

ACL, you got an e-mail or two from my roommate M.G. Good to see some of you mainline pilots caring about these scope issues.

I make sure to read ACL65pilot's posts on two other forums if I see one that I hadn't read.

There is always good information, not rumors.

ACL, you got an e-mail or two from my roommate M.G. Good to see some of you mainline pilots caring about these scope issues.

Yes, I did.

Hey there Peanuckle you are on the bill too.

Do you post in the ALPA forums much, Dough? I need to head over there more but it takes too much button pushing to get there.

I used to, but I was becoming the "Hey, you're that guy from the ALPA forum" guy so I throttled back significantly! ;)

Back