COVID Infection Rate, Pilots Vs Flight Attendants

Really?! I heard nothing about that. What's the story?

Worst I had was a Captain try to shake my hand. I offered him an elbow bump instead and he said "oh. You're one of THOSE"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The “elbow” is the new handshake for the time being. If he’s butt hurt about that, he’s just displayed to you that he’s been licking doorknobs to own the libtards or something like that.

The “elbow” is the new handshake for the time being. If he’s butt hurt about that, he’s just displayed to you that he’s been licking doorknobs to own the libtards or something like that.

What's your stance on masks in flight?

And if you had the chance to take 65% of guarantee to stay at home until you're past the election and hopefully there's a vaccine... would you take it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really?! I heard nothing about that. What's the story?

I don't know the details. It came up in a several pilot group meeting about issues arising from companies not providing their crews with clear guidelines on things like wearing masks and whatnot.

I believe that most pilot groups have fairly strong agreements/protections for pilots who contract COVID-19 (doesn't count as a sick call, doesn't come out of your sick bank, or some combination of that).

How does that compare to other labor groups? Is it possible that a pilot, who will not lose income or draw from his sick bank for a COVID diagnosis, handles the illness differently than a Flight Attendant, Ramper, or Gate agent who does not have the same sort of protections negotiated?

I don't know the nuts-and-bolts of what each airline and each labor group has ... just spitballin'

I’m surprised to hear the use of deceit in a CRM world. I’ve never lied to an FO.

You’ve never asked “how do the wings look” after they return from the walk-around when you know there’s frost all over them? :)

“Oh, we’re good” means he either didn’t check or doesn’t care about us ending up on instagram or invited to the big brown desk.

But yes, I’ll ask questions I already know the answer to sometimes because I want to engage you, know what your thoughts on on that big assed storm you’re flying toward, what your thoughts are with an EFC time that’s well past our holding fuel and if that answer doesn’t jibe with what’s in my head, maybe I’m the screwed up one so I can get some feedback or perspective. I’m not Xerxes.

Last edited:
Back