COVID Infection Rate, Pilots Vs Flight Attendants

My buddy got busted using his sister as an excuse to avoid the crew. In Amsterdam, “Oh, my sister’s in town we’re going to have lunch and talk about dad”, but then on the Seattle layover, he said “Oh my sisters in town and we’re going to have dinner and talk about dad”... DOH!

Couldn't he have had more than one sister? Unless he'd already made the mistake of saying he only had one...

Couldn't he have had more than one sister? Unless he'd already made the mistake of saying he only had one...

It was a story over a beer, I didn’t see the need to interrogate him! :)

I’ve never understand why so there are so many airline pilots out there who just seem to have the need to spend hours drinking Miller Lites at Applebee’s at every opportunity with someone that they just spent 10 hours/day in a cockpit with for the last three days. I guess I’m just a boring person, but I’ve usually run out of things to say after about day two, maybe three if I’m really digging deep. I honestly will sometimes purposely withhold questions or comments and store them up for use during a later leg in order to be able to stretch out the cockpit small-talk.

Don‘t get me wrong, I love hanging out over a drink with the crew, but mostly when it happens organically and you genuinely are enjoying each other’s company versus when it is just part of some sort of forced ritual. Maybe I’m just more introverted, but I like a little “me” time on my 15 hour overnights.

I like my me time too- x10 if I have been carrying the conversation all day/trip. Ill go with the right vibe or actual friends here, but to watch you stare at your phone or spend more of my day trying to carry the conversation. Thats a pass from me bruh.

Fun story tho, we had an FO who had like 20 people on his no fly list, when asked why so many, he was putting anyone who didn't like to go out and party on RONs. That was a hysterical nugget to find out.

I figured the biggest numbers would have been flight attendants, then gate agents, then rampers then general admin but it wasn’t.

The figures show flight attendants with the lowest infection rate of all the other groups, but they’re exposed to way more people than pilots are.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand people wonder why I scrub down the cockpit, bring my own headset and ask very strangely strategic “getting to know you” questions when I get a brand new FO:

”Man, what a pain wearing these masks in public”

”I really don’t mind, I get it. All some guys do is bitch about it and bring up some stupid blog they read about the virus”

(Perfect!)
Maybe it's like the "make your kids play in the mud" theory of immunity. Flight attendants have had so much random, casual sex around the world that they are immune to everything???

@jtrain609
Thought you might find this interesting.

Mask.jpg

No one cared about me until I put on a mask!

Wear a mask, be like Bain.

@jtrain609
Thought you might find this interesting.

Didn't read your article, it smelled like horse • within the first three sentences.

If you can't scrub that kind of noise out of your analysis, there's no helping you.

Didn't read your article, it smelled like horse • within the first three sentences.

If you can't scrub that kind of noise out of your analysis, there's no helping you.
You made it that far? I took a look at the URL.
I’m sure for every study that the article cites there’s the same number or more that say the opposite. Did have to laugh that one of the references in the article was a paper from 1920 about why surgeons shouldn’t have to wear masks when operating on patients.

Question for the brain trust:
How come mask restrictions and compliance are so high and Covid cases are still shooting up?

Back