Corporate Culture Not Good In Aviation

Ok... but why post a link to a video that shows a part 91 flight asking to do something that is totally legal for them to do, and then disparage them for doing so?

I know I’m a broken record, but this is what happens when you completely bypass the process of gaining any meaningful experience outside of being a 121 FO from the get go.

You end up criticizing operations you know less than nothing about and ending up looking foolish on the internet.

I know I’m a broken record, but this is what happens when you completely bypass the process of gaining any meaningful experience outside of being a 121 FO from the get go.

You end up criticizing operations you know less than nothing about and ending up looking foolish on the internet.

I’m criticizing anyone who’d start to shoot an approach when the weather is below mins, even if a Part 91 operation. Good on the ATC to make this guy circle more and more after telling him the field his below mins.

Mins exist for a reason.

And defending 91 ops, well, you see now why some people write 121 > 135 > 91?

If your 91 Corpie management encourages you to request and shoot approaches when the WX is below mins, then you work for a crap ass operator.

I’m criticizing anyone who’d start to shoot an approach when the weather is below mins, even if a Part 91 operation. Good on the ATC to make this guy circle more and more after telling him the field his below mins.

Mins exist for a reason.

And defending 91 ops, well, you see now why some people write 121 > 135 > 91?

If your 91 Corpie management encourages you to request and shoot approaches when the WX is below mins, then you work for a crap ass operator.
Did anyone ever explain to you that official vis/ceiling might not match what you see on the approach from the aircraft?

If we follow your line of logic, then no 121 pilot should ever go missed for not seeing the runway(environment).

Did anyone ever explain to you that official vis/ceiling might not match what you see on the approach from the aircraft?

If we follow your line of logic, then no 121 pilot should ever go missed for not seeing the runway(environment).

But that’s not what’s going on.

It’s a whole different thing if you start an approach, inside FAF, and then WX changes.

We are talking the airport not taking any approaches, multiple people holding, and someone impatient saying “send itttttttttttt!”

But that’s not what’s going on.

It’s a whole different thing if you start an approach, inside FAF, and then WX changes.

We are talking the airport not taking any approaches, multiple people holding, and someone impatient saying “send itttttttttttt!”

Is it? Under all conditions?

[LCP HAT] Lets take a look at your OpsSpecs.[/LCP HAT]

Corp means HQ Corporate mafia such as HR, Finance & Sales Dept. It has nothing to do with pilots sir.
I think what many here, including myself, failed to recognize is the OPs original intent with this thread. It was never meant to be a corporate aviation bashing thread, I think it was meant as a protest against the corporations that are running aviation operations currently. 121, 91, 135, 125 or any others are getting down to the bare minimums, I think it started around '06-'08 when the economy hit the mortgage bubble. When it popped it sent massive ripples across many ponds, so the folks that sign their name on the front of a paycheck adopted the "lean" philosophy of running a business and sold it to the workforce as the only possible way to survive, it was supposed to be temporary so we could all get over this hump. We got over the hump and the check signers realized they really liked this idea of paying less for more and never backed off. Now it's rare to find anyone in my sector of the industry that has any longevity (decades) with their employer. It's not a 135 vs 121 argument, it's about modern corporate culture.

Is it? Under all conditions?

[LCP HAT] Lets take a look at your OpsSpecs.[/LCP HAT]

Obviously we aren’t discussing emergency authority, emergencies, WX going below mins once inside FAF.

121 jet ops seem to have a nice flow of operations. And the safest record compared to jet 135 and jet 91.

And don’t get me started on Corpie circling approaches in IMC.

Obviously we aren’t discussing emergency authority, emergencies, WX going below mins once inside FAF.

121 jet ops seem to have a nice flow of operations. And the safest record compared to jet 135 and jet 91.

And don’t get me started on Corpie circling approaches in IMC.

I don’t always listen to people who critically pontificate about aviation safety, but when I do, I certainly listen to people who paid for an airline interview at 300hrs, who didn’t get paid to fly an airplane prior to a CRJ, who logged no paid PIC time until their merger got them a 737 CA spot. That’s who I’m going to trust, because they’ve got all the experience.

I don’t always listen to people who critically pontificate about aviation safety, but when I do, I certainly listen to people who paid for an airline interview at 300hrs, who didn’t get paid to fly an airplane prior to a CRJ, who logged no paid PIC time until their merger got them a 737 CA spot. That’s who I’m going to trust, because they’ve got all the experience.
1708382375699.gif

I’d call that #winning.

Btw, Virgin A320 Capt before 737 Capt at AS.

Back