Considering leaving the profession for good, could use advice

Oh man, 100%. To perhaps stereotype a bit, but the Filipino women I've known always ran the simulator building office. At several bases I've been stationed at. And they know everything, everyone, and they know where the bodies were buried. You don't want to F with them. They are coordinated and networked. They will kill you in your sleep, or I suppose maybe the figurative version of that. And if you take the time to make friends with them, they will share everything, everyone, and everything they know with you. And you come back 4-6 years later, and THEY STILL F'ING REMEMBER YOU.
Haha very true, show them some kindness and charm you’re instant family. My wife’s born here and doesn’t fit the crazy stereotype at all, but my MIL is certifiable.

Haha very true, show them some kindness and charm you’re instant family. My wife’s born here and doesn’t fit the crazy stereotype at all, but my MIL is certifiable.
Whenever I'm at my wife's family's parties and I load up my plate with anything in sight they're shocked. "You like dinuguan?!?" Join in on karaoke and you're practically an honorary Filipino.

Ok, I was going to avoid this thread but ehh, I’m not any more.

There are a number of trans pilots at SouthernJets and all around the industry. It’s not that, AT ALL.

You’ve been back in the profession for barely over a year and I’ve said before that you need to re-establish “reliability” by getting some more time between realistically expecting to move on and having quit your last job. This isn’t 2022 or 2023 and I can assure you the regional FOs with certificates that are still warm from the printer getting regional jobs, spending a handful of months before moving onto mainline are over for a bit, if ever to return during our lifetime. Just as you hit that one-year point, the industry has slowed and even my own airline considers 4000TT, four year degree and at least 2000 turbine/jet minimally competitive because that’s the current market.

I assumed you had a network of other trans pilots because there are a lot and I can, off the back of hand, name a number of them that would be more than happy to talk to you that are at my shop, some are in flight operations leadership.

Have you reached out to NGPA? REACH OUT TO NGPA. Hell, I go to the “Winter Warmup” every year and I’m just an average boring straight dude and have a wonderful weekend of fellowship, fun and networking and I’ve never seen you at an event in the decade that I’ve been attending. People need to know and see that they have advocates and I enjoy being that person.

Aviation is hard. Grind like you’re broke. Hell man, I’ve got five jobs at my single employer, made almost $700K last year and still GRIND LIKE I’M BROKE even at year 26 at SouthernJets because I have agency to make changes and get to use creative ideas and “I’ll be honest with you and if you don’t like it, so what, fire me and I’ll just to fly jets to Asia the rest of my career” attitude to help steer the airline.

In 2024, aviation is about the easiest way to clear six figures long term and not be under immediate threat of being replaced with generative AI, leadership changes or your company collapsing because it was nothing more than a meme stock. If you quit, that’s $0 per pay period. The big problems become grenades with the pins pulled and the little problems get bigger real fast.

The people that are moving on were all out there astride their surfboards when the wave hit. You swam toward the wave after it already crested and there will be another one, but you’re going to have to be out there to take advantage of it. That influencer that spent a whopping two months at your airline that moved on to Spirit was probably at PAPA last weekend in Vegas looking for another regional job because he’s about to get furloughed and isn’t competitive for another major airline job no matter how many followers (or bots) they have.

…By the way, I did not see you at PAPA last week...

Adulting sucks, the grind sucks, having to “play the game” sucks. But so do root canals, heart surgery, orthopedic shoes and buying tires — but you’re glad you did it when it’s all over.

My advice? Go dry clean your uniform, pick up some open time, get back to work. Every mouth in that house that wants to eat needs to work, this isn’t 1950.
Why don’t you spend your summers in Michigan on a lake instead of baking in an oven.

Do not. I repeat, do not f' with a Filipino women. Lol.

I don't know if this is a stereotype, but I've heard it a lot in my job. Which has a lot of Filipino female nurses. A lot!

Example:

One of the nurses at my job, Jim, he's married a Filipino chick from the Philippines and brought her over here. He's fifty-eight. I don't know if did something, or if she's paying him back for all the guys back in the Philippines who did her wrong. But... he has to call her daily, as soon as he gets to the employee parking lot. Call her to let her know that he's on the unit after huddle. And call her at random times that she chooses for him before he leaves the house.

She will also randomly call several times a day to the unit during the shift to see if he's still there, to make sure that he didn't leave. When he gets home he has to drop his pants for her to smell his junk. And she'll randomly initiate sex just to see if he can get erect and if he's got a "full tank." If he can't do either, she thinks that he had sex with someone else, while he was at work. He said one time at night he was asleep and awoke to her holding his junk with one hand and a knife with the other. And she whispered into his ear and said, "you know if you ever cheat on me. I'll cut your • dick off, right?"

A.) I don't know why he'd volunteer this info to his coworkers. But welcome to the enmeshed nature of nursing.

B.) He said he scared of her and so tired of her •. We've all asked him several times why he stays. He said because she will take him to the • cleaners. But also he says its exciting af. The danger, the impulsiveness. He says he never knows what's waiting for him when he gets home. And he has said. "Have you ever had sex with a • crazy bitch? Best sex ever!" He says its always different and exciting.

I don't know if this is true for all Filipino women. But that bitch is • crazy. I just don't know if its all Filipino women. Or if she's an outlier. Or if the odds of crazy skyrocket if you get one from the Philippines. I like dudes, so I'll never find out.

I’m gonna go ahead and tag @ChasenSFO

Whenever I'm at my wife's family's parties and I load up my plate with anything in sight they're shocked. "You like dinuguan?!?" Join in on karaoke and you're practically an honorary Filipino.
You're on the wrong side of town, bro. :D The Filipinos/Filipinas like the east valley. E. Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler.

Why don’t you spend your summers in Michigan on a lake instead of baking in an oven.
My husbands family is from the UP, he just got back from a week and a half trip up there. Apparently its camping season and he spent the whole time with his family on Lake Superior. I had to work, but glad that I didn't go. I would have been asytole from boredom.

Oh, he has already shared his many stories of abusive Filipina women. He like Jim likes it though and keeps coming back for heeps more.
They give the best oral sex and it's not even close. But yeah, they also own you.

Related; I'm going to go solo to the Philippines in October with no plans but taking lots of cheap local flights, aviation photography, and eating. Should probably get Polaris over on UA and It'll cost less than I usually spend being in Vegas for 2-3 days haha. I think I'll be single so should be a fun time.

Last edited:
Reactions: HJB
Back