Comin' to TX

PacMan4x4

Hey folks...particularly those in the Arlington area.
I'm gonna be heading to Wichita Falls from Korea to accomplish some training from 30 Jan - 9 Feb and would like the opportunity to visit SkyMates on my weekend during that time. It would be great to hook up with a few of ya'll that are around there and check out the school. I'm thinking about doing my instructor ratings there in the distant future. I hope to be able to meet some of folks on this site, since I haven't been able to make a Vegas trip. If you're gonna be around drop me a line and we'll try to hook up for a beer or two :) Also, any suggestions on a cheap hotel in the area would be great too...thanks in advance and hope we can hook up.

Brian (Pacman4x4)

PacMan4x4 said:
Hey folks...particularly those in the Arlington area.
I'm gonna be heading to Wichita Falls from Korea to accomplish some training from 30 Jan - 9 Feb and would like the opportunity to visit SkyMates on my weekend during that time. It would be great to hook up with a few of ya'll that are around there and check out the school. I'm thinking about doing my instructor ratings there in the distant future. I hope to be able to meet some of folks on this site, since I haven't been able to make a Vegas trip. If you're gonna be around drop me a line and we'll try to hook up for a beer or two :) Also, any suggestions on a cheap hotel in the area would be great too...thanks in advance and hope we can hook up.

Brian (Pacman4x4)

At least one of us will be around. Just call a few days ahead and we can arrange a time for someone to give you a tour. Just talk to Steve, Ryan, or Matt and say you are Brian from Jetcareers. As far as lodging, there are a few cheap hotels in there area.

Thanks for speakin' up....was beginnin' to think I wasn't wanted :) I look forward to getting down there and takin' a gander at the school. Since Uncle Sugar is paying for my trip across the pond, I might as well take advantage of it. Look forward to meeting ya'll and I'll drop a line when time gets closer. Thanks again.

Brian

Is there anywhere y'all would recommend for PPL training in Fort Worth? I know Arlington isnt far, but I'm a busy kid.

If I were you, I would shop around Fort Worth for a nice school with nice equipment. There are plenty of flight schools at FTW (Meacham), but they are all pretty pricey. I do believe that Skymates has a good combination of good aircraft and good prices. It might be worth the drive.

Frog...

Go to Skymates...

It's really easy to get to... only 15 minutes from downtown Fort Worth. If you're way up by the Speedway/Alliance or Meacham then maybe it's a different story... but if you are central, east, or south FW, then it's worth it.

Have you at least visited them yet?

Bob

negative, but i talked to steve about it a night or two ago. im gonna stop by sometime soon.

tcu is just southwest of downtown, so sounsd like a 20-25 minute drive, depending of course on the number of illegal uninsured immigrants driving. not bad :)

Back