Colgan: Hring for Sept 19th class

Well...now I have an interview this Friday the 19th for the October 7th Class. Time to dig my suit out from the closet.

good stuff! i know my sim partner had about 850tt but the guy had over 600 in a multi. the people at colgan have been nothing but outstanding. they answer all of your questions in a timely manner and with professionalism. cant wait to be part of the team.

Yes. The young lady from HR made sure I had no more questions before we hung up. Very nice.

My times are 2000/1000

Few months ago when minimums were around 600 hours for the saab340, I sent an application with climbto350.com. I was not expecting to hear anything, to my surprise, Chuck gave me a phone call TWO hours later, asking me to fly to NYC for an interview. I never went to the interview, now I am below minimums. I was never crazy about going to a regional, it would of been a huge pay cut for me to endure, and I was VERY comfortable where I was. Oh well, at some point I am going to need to stop instructing and get some turbine time.

Believe me, the pay cut kept me away for a while. During that time I have been preparing for it. Paid off the truck, the chopper, sold my boat, etc.

I knew it was inevitable that I would want to hop over to the 121 world. I played my cards right and obtained my ratings with no loans, paid my dues killing my tee-shirts with the summer sweat in Florida as an instructor. Sampled the 135 Charter/Freight life and now I just want to fly something with a cup holder and air conditioning.

cup holder and air conditioning.

Hahahahah, the cup holder only holds certain foam cups. Air conditiong... hahaha Oh man, just wait until you pull up to the gate at Dulles and the air hose is broken, or the horrible AWAC ground crew just doesnt hook it up after asking 3 times. The sweat begins about 1 minute after the engine is shut down.

Pretty much if an engine isnt running, your sweating, and the air cycle machine in the Saab I flew the other night was pretty much useless. Its hit or miss really.

Hahahahah, the cup holder only holds certain foam cups. Air conditiong... hahaha Oh man, just wait until you pull up to the gate at Dulles and the air hose is broken, or the horrible AWAC ground crew just doesnt hook it up after asking 3 times. The sweat begins about 1 minute after the engine is shut down.

Pretty much if an engine isnt running, your sweating, and the air cycle machine in the Saab I flew the other night was pretty much useless. Its hit or miss really.

:yeahthat: You will be sweating your ass off in the summer and freezing your balls off in the winter. By the end of a cycle......you're looking for any means to cool/heat the plane.

:yeahthat: You will be sweating your ass off in the summer and freezing your balls off in the winter. By the end of a cycle......you're looking for any means to cool/heat the plane.

I have a feeling winter ops are going to be a real kick in the nuts for a rookie.

amorris whats up you big scrubadub dub ... u get hired at colgan? that is legiiiit!!! i interviewed at great lakes yesterday in denver hopefully i hear from them... call me man

I have a feeling winter ops are going to be a real kick in the nuts for a rookie.

For a Florida pilot like myself...makes me think. I have not lived in the NE for 15 years. What is that funny lookin white stuff that gets hosed off the wings?:buck:

This winter I may be shaking the rookie status with my second winter in the whacker. Our cup holder is a bit weak but it does a hell of a job with most styrofoam cups and holds a can alright.

The heat is hit or miss, you sometimes get slight warmth or nuclear hot.

And bring on the deice paycredits! I was averaging 10 extra hours every month we were deicing, thats like 9 bucks extra!

Wimp

Wimp

Wimp again

This winter I may be shaking the rookie status with my second winter in the whacker. Our cup holder is a bit weak but it does a hell of a job with most styrofoam cups and holds a can alright.

The heat is hit or miss, you sometimes get slight warmth or nuclear hot.

And bring on the deice paycredits! I was averaging 10 extra hours every month we were deicing, thats like 9 bucks extra!

Biggest wimp of them all.

For those that know me I am using the word 'wimp' to be nice. Imagine standing outside the airplane in a blizzard in PQI in January waiting for the passengers to come out.

You slaab wimpos sat all nice and comfy with the engine turning. As a First Officer we where standing outside in SYR with the engine turning blowing snow on us, looking at the Slaab folk in disgust. There is a reason to be disgusted and I see it here.

You slaab wimpos sat all nice and comfy with the engine turning. As a First Officer we where standing outside in SYR with the engine turning blowing snow on us, looking at the Slaab folk in disgust. There is a reason to be disgusted and I see it here.

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans here....having been based in SYR. ;) Stop making up stories Seggy. Not allowed to spin 'em on the ramp at SYR until all the pax are boarded up. So, if you were on the ramp and getting snow blown on you....whaaa The Saab was probably about to leave the ramp w/ the door closed. Besides, w/ all that wookiee fur you're sporting, I'm surprised you'd even notice anything until it was 20 below 0. Guess it's you, who is the biggest wimp of all. :laff:

I'm gonna have to call shenanigans here....having been based in SYR. ;) Stop making up stories Seggy. Not allowed to spin 'em on the ramp at SYR until all the pax are boarded up. So, if you were on the ramp and getting snow blown on you....whaaa The Saab was probably about to leave the ramp w/ the door closed. Besides, w/ all that wookiee fur you're sporting, I'm surprised you'd even notice anything until it was 20 below 0. Guess it's you, who is the biggest wimp of all. :laff:

:rotfl:spit out my coffee on this one.

Thats a good point. Drinks are on me. Old man Teller still out of Augusta or is he on the mighty mega-whacker?

If I'm in town u betcha I'll be callin. Don't think they are gonna send me back up to D-town for a while. Last time I was there they were still burning houses down for a good time.

So I guess I'm late to the party. As sal and andy said, I have, indeed, left the mighty beech for the mega-whacker. Of course I haven't gotten to fly one since IOE, but why would I want to fly when I can sit reserve in Elizabeth, nj!! :rawk:It really is nice to have a good a/c, though! You'll definitely have to let me know if you're ever in the great state of nj, I'm sure i'll be around. And I'm not THAT old.

Hernandezcfi did you get hired? I was there and got asked to come back for the sim on friday. Any clue how many people got the job?

Back