Colgan: Hring for Sept 19th class

There's still hope for anybody with Colgan. They told us at the interview that they were having an Nov class also.

What's the pay at Colgan? About $1400 take-home every month? And they make you pay $600 for your uniform?

Why do you guys go for that deal? Why?

Without sacrifice, there is no victory. Why would anyone with any properly working brain cells spend the kind of money that we ALL spent (with the exception of the military guys) on our certificates and ratings? To the average Joe we all look like retards when we tell them we paid an average of $30 grand to learn how to fly an airplane and get our own pictures of the Wright Brothers in our wallets. I could have paid for college. Why did I go for that deal?

Some people might want to slap the pi#@! out of me when I tell them I had my own business and took home $70,000 per year until I wound it down and closed it up to become a Flight Instructor making $30,000

I could be righteous and wait for the day that a first year FO starts at respectable wage. I might as well wait for Jesus to return! I paid off all my bills, paid off the truck, sold my boat, selling my chopper and telling my wife it's time to get a $#% job because I will not let all my sacrifices thus far be for nothing. So I'm going to shut up and do my job, take my little paycheck and buy some gas for my thirsty $#! Expedition and continue to claw my way up until I have the experience to command higher pay.

Flight School Debt. $85,000:panic:
Money left over after getting paid at Colgan. $1.40:banghead:
Shooting the Bar Harbor Vis to 29 in PWM and having your capt buy you a lobster roll after. Priceless!!!!!:nana2:

You mean the harbor visual. Bar harbor is about 100 miles east. And yes, at 900 feet that approach was awesome in a 414, it is even more awesome at 200 knots.

PSM....those are some great fixes. The airport is a bore and so is the approach but the fixes make it a point of interest. Ok well not a total bore, they are capable of P.A.R approaches and those are a good time if you have never done one.

Well, despite a very good sim ride, excellent tech interview session, and what I thought was a smooth (and very brief) HR session, I got the "thanks, but no thanks" emails this morning from Corporate.

Go figure. Congrats to those who were hired.

Wow, sorry to hear that. :( Hopefully you got to take something home with you in the form of interview experience; so at least it wasn't a total waste of time.

Interview went very well I thought, so I'm willing to chalk this up to a fun weekend in NY and a good bit of money wasted.

I was almost going to be seeing you guys there. I was asked to help out in the inverviews but I fly into BTV thursday night at 11pm and then would have to take a 6am flight out to lga in the morning and then go back around 3pm. It would be a rest issue.

Thats ok, were looking for Saab pilots not Q pilots. We'll see who has the right stuff to fly the Saab. But thanks for wanting to help. You can only do interviews on your day off. If you have a family it's not worth the 3 hour pay credit.

Ive been asked a few times...on my day off and that would be the exact reason I would not help. If I was already working but had the time to sneak over from Ewr or wherever I would be all over it. But to take one of my days off and work a 10+ hour day to get paid under 4 hours...no thanks.

i would do it in a heartbeat! if hr contacted me to do it i would be all over it. try to calm the nerves of the applicants.

It's funny, they won't even let you do interviews on a reserve day. I would think that would be a smart move to utilize us on a scheduled duty day, but that makes way too much sense. It would be nice to sit on the other side of the table asking the questions. I would like to help select who is going to be sitting to my right in the near future.

You mean the harbor visual. Bar harbor is about 100 miles east. And yes, at 900 feet that approach was awesome in a 414, it is even more awesome at 200 knots.
Give me a 1900 I'll shoot it at 250knts

EDIT: Yes I'm waiting for an F15 pilot to come on next and say 500knts.

A marker on a visual approach?
I think he's trying to get at it within 4nm of a C or D below 2500ft you can't go faster than 200knts. Maybe all the Colgan pilots got a refresher course on the FAR's after blasting through 10,000ft at 290 a couple times in a row with the mega-whacker, and that was the knee jerk reaction to my post :). I was just putting out a hypothetical. Although I don't think the marker would have anything to do with the 4nm ring, no idea really what thats about.

Back