Colgan: Hring for Sept 19th class

Does Colgan still require that stupid training contract? If so what are the details of it?

Does Colgan still require that stupid training contract? If so what are the details of it?

12 Month @ $16,000.

Congrats to all those hired today!

For what it's worth, because of a recent memo that was sent out by the company. The current Q class did not have to complete training contracts. It basically stated that during the 'furlough period' which was supposed to be now, (although that's obviously not happening) no training contracts need to be completed. We called them on it and managed to have it go our way. HOWEVER, I highly doubt the new hire class will have the same luxury......but, I'll try to dig up a copy and send it on to those who might be interested.

For anyone considering Colgan, they are 100% firm on 1000/100. I applied with less than that and was told they are not considering anyone below these mins. I figured it was worth sending in an app because I had nothing to lose by doing it and airlines have been flexible on mins in the past. However, with so many highly qualified pilots on the street, they no longer need to hire below their current mins.

Posted today on Climbto350.com:

Colgan looking for FO's for Oct 7th class. Still 1000/100 and I don't think they're going to budge on that.

Posted today on Climbto350.com:

Colgan looking for FO's for Oct 7th class. Still 1000/100 and I don't think they're going to budge on that.

Very good to hear there is another class. I was not looking forward to being on "the bubble" of senority

Anyone that has under the minimums, had their resume walked in with letters of rec.

Well at this point I wish someone would walk mine in. I met Chuck several months ago, and we have a very pleasant conversation with him stating "as to mins, if I like ya, I"ll hire ya." Guess Chuck doesn't like me.

Well at this point I wish someone would walk mine in. I met Chuck several months ago, and we have a very pleasant conversation with him stating "as to mins, if I like ya, I"ll hire ya." Guess Chuck doesn't like me.

Did you interview? Are you close to mins?

Dont feel bad. I had a friend who instructs at Manassas on the other side of the field from Colgan, he interviewed in June about a week before they announced furloughs. He currently has something like 1300/150ish. They invited him to sim, but then canceled. They never called him back this time around.

I personally walked in 4 resumes from friends who I would love to have at this company, and not one of them got a call.

The only person I know to get a call and that I knew info about was amorris, and he had 3 letters of rec.

Also, Chuck has been in the hospital. Critical condition actually. I dont know if he will even be back in his position at HR.

I am sorry to hear that about Chuck. I've only met him once, but he seemed like a great guy. I hope things turn around for him.

As to my times, I am at 700TT/ 550 Multi. I'm not surprised, since we all clearly know the state of our industry, but I do find it to be a somewhat odd situation where past students of ours are flying for various regionals, and now that I'm ready to move on, I can't find a gig anywhere. I think at this point, I'll likely just wait it out until I have 135 mins and skip the regionals.

I am sorry to hear that about Chuck. I've only met him once, but he seemed like a great guy. I hope things turn around for him.

As to my times, I am at 700TT/ 550 Multi. I'm not surprised, since we all clearly know the state of our industry, but I do find it to be a somewhat odd situation where past students of ours are flying for various regionals, and now that I'm ready to move on, I can't find a gig anywhere. I think at this point, I'll likely just wait it out until I have 135 mins and skip the regionals.

I suggest you keep applying with Colgan. Every other day, send in your resume. This one class wasnt a one time thing. The original flood gates opened, but Im willing to bet that most of those people that originally applied a few weeks ago, will not keep applying, they will just assume Colgan has their resume on file. I know from personal experience that you just have to keep bugging them.

Anyone that has under the minimums, had their resume walked in with letters of rec.

I had a captain walk in my resume, 3 letters of recommendation, and a station manager call HR on my behalf and still recieved an email stating they are being firm on minimums. They were very nice about it though and encouraged me to reapply once I meet minimums. The only way I can see anyone getting in with under the minimum total time is if they have a lot of multi. I only have 586/75 so I knew it was going to be tough but figured I'd try anyway.

Just checked my voice mail and HR left a message for me to call them. I was suprised I got a call with so many resumes stacking up.

I guess I have to be carefull what I wish for...I just might get it.

Back