Colgan: Hring for Sept 19th class

Stopped by the hanger after work for some business. I talked to the HR folks again to see how things are going. They are absolutely inundated with resumes.

Between the two pilot recruiters, they have just over 500 resumes. She also mentioned that they have not even opened their airlineapps account as they just havent had time. Because of this the 1000/100 mins are firm as can be, they have no need to dip below it.

Everyone interviewed and hired on the 8th will be in the September 22 class. They are also running interviews on the 19th and 26th. On the way home I thought... wait, why are they interviewing after the class is filled? I should have asked but didnt think of it. Possibly more classes or maybe starting an official pool in case this type of thing happens again.

Good luck to all applying!

I am interviewing on the 8th..... hooray! I have a question for those of you living or based in the NY area.... I am slated to fly into EWR.... how in the world should I go about getting to one of the recommended hotels from Newark?:confused:

I have never been to NY city and would hate to end up in a bad part of town late at night.... any thoughts or suggestions to remedy this situation?

Thanks,

B

I am interviewing on the 8th..... hooray! I have a question for those of you living or based in the NY area.... I am slated to fly into EWR.... how in the world should I go about getting to one of the recommended hotels from Newark?:confused:

I have never been to NY city and would hate to end up in a bad part of town late at night.... any thoughts or suggestions to remedy this situation?

Thanks,

B

EWR = hellhole.

Sorry new Jerseyians, I used to live in Kearny (just north of EWR).

My advice would be to find a gun and walk around with Seggy the whole time, only because he's a giant motha' with a jersey accent.

Thanks,

B

Good luck, B! Don't pay much attention to the negative posters on here. EWR Q crewmembers are a fun bunch---right, Seggy? :D

ouch. newark isnt all bad. neither is kearny for that matter. i live in secaucus, 10 minutes from both. there are a number of hotels in my town, nice area. You would just have to take a taxi to newark.

Good luck, B! Don't pay much attention to the negative posters on here. EWR Q crewmembers are a fun bunch---right, Seggy? :D

Thanks Q.... always nice to have someone in my corner.... got a friend based out of EWR with XJET who is kind enough to meet me and haul my naive midwest butt off to the land of LGA/ Flight Safety saving me the trouble of worrying about ending up in Harlem at midnight....

I will keep y'all posted. ( crossing my fingers for good luck!)

Thanks,

B

taxi from ewr to lga. won't be cheap ($50+), but get used to it.
congrats on the interview.

And......there's going to be an upgrade class on the 14th, which I'm in. I'm hoping we go for 2 days this time, last time it was only one. With the state of the industry though I'm just really happy to be in a class. Now if I could only get to a base where I'll be home more than 2 days a week.

Well, after a year of freight doggin...what the heck. I just shot over my resume. I need a change in my life!

2000/900

Dang.... thats all I can come up with..... Dang...

You can take the airtrain from EWR airport to the raillink station and take jersey transit to penn station. That will cost you $15. From there you have a few options to get to LGA. Not sure where your hotel is, but I'm guessing it's close to LGA. Take a look at the link below. This will probably take you longer but it won't cost you as much.

http://www.ny.com/transportation/airports/LGA.html

Why did they send you into EWR instead of LGA?

Not that it surprises me. They wanted me to Deadhead LGA-CLT-HPN one time.

Good luck, let us know how it goes?

Why did they send you into EWR instead of LGA?

Not that it surprises me. They wanted me to Deadhead LGA-CLT-HPN one time.

Good luck, let us know how it goes?

No idea... in fact... I came into EWR on USAir.... and I leave LGA today on Continental... isn't that backwards?

Anywho.... I could care less about the how and why at this point... I am heeah... and thats what matters.... off to impress the recruiters with my dashing good looks and charming personality.:sarcasm:

Holler at y'all later.

B

This is kinda a double post.... don't know if it is legal.... but I did get offered a jawb and I accepted... sept 22 class date...

Back