Child Free Airlines...

I was in the Northwest business class lounge in Tokyo 3 days ago and this couple just let their two little brats literally scream and run around the entire lounge. The funny thing was, the Japanese people just went on and acted like nothing was happening, while all the American people (including myself) were sending the mom and dad death stares. Thank god I had my MP3 player and free booze.

That is because, in the Japanese culture, you learn to tune out others as you live on top of one another. We, on the other hand, get annoyed at others for everything. I have learned to practice life the Japanese way because it is much more calming and peaceful to my own well being.

:D:D
smallhead.jpg

He's so cute! And someday he'll grow up to be a big boy! :D

Obviously none of you guys are parents.

While agree that there is a rash of children who have parents who will not properly discipline them, those "armchair parents" who are on the outside looking in -- or who are not parents themselves -- often have no idea what it takes to parent a toddler or child.

Just in the same way professional pilots scoff when an ignorant non-pilot makes a claim about how pilots shouldn't make so much money, or pilots are responsible for holding passengers "hostage" in delays....I scoff when people (especially non-parents) start throwing spears at the parenting skills of others.

I'd pay more for an airline that had a behavior test for ALL of its passengers. No annoying kids who scream and cry. No loudmouth trailer park trash who use trash bags as luggage. No guys who haven't showered in three days who like to break wind on the plane.

Think about it, folks. An airline where you can sit down in your seat, relax, and be left alone?

Three, four, five hours of peaceful bliss?

How much is that worth to you?

I'm praying for the day that there will be "child-free" flights.

I will pay twice the airfare.

Either that, or airlines need a policy of "If there's ONE complain about your child, you're banned from EVER flying on that airline again". I could go for that!

There is child free flights...It's called private transportation.

Obviously none of you guys are parents.

While agree that there is a rash of children who have parents who will not properly discipline them, those "armchair parents" who are on the outside looking in -- or who are not parents themselves -- often have no idea what it takes to parent a toddler or child.

Just in the same way professional pilots scoff when an ignorant non-pilot makes a claim about how pilots shouldn't make so much money, or pilots are responsible for holding passengers "hostage" in delays....I scoff when people (especially non-parents) start throwing spears at the parenting skills of others.

And let's not start on those parents that have only girls, who complain and wonder why that other parent can't control their boys and make them behave like their little girls. Just wait until their girl is 13.... Just as funny, people with girls who whine like that, who then have a boy and say "oh, now I get it..."

Kids never bothered me, even well before I had any. Just tune them out, or pony up and pay for 1st class. Whiners.

I think you missed most of the point of my post. I was not in any way saying that leering businessmen shouldn't be allowed on flights. I said they annoyed me. Same as crying babies annoy some people! My point was that if you're going to fly the mass airlines, there is a chance you may have to have to put up with a "type" of person that annoys you. Either deal with it, or call NetJets! (Or start up that no-kid airline!)

The big difference here is that the leering businessman is annoying you. It's unlikely he's annoying the rest of the flight.

Besides. If a female flight attendant was leering at me, I might be flattered. A little. :)

I have seen the self-important blowhards yapping on the cell phone on the ground - I've worked for a number of them. However as soon as they have to turn the phone off, they, too, generally clam up. At least that's been my experience.

The article was extreme but it did point out a serious lack of manners being taught among children. My sister rules her three boys with an iron fist - they're happy, well-adjusted and extremely polite children. Surprisingly so. My ex was also pretty militant with teaching her son manners and good behavior. You could take that kid anywhere and he would behave extremely well.

I've got to be one of the only people who thinks my parents should have beaten me MORE.

The big difference here is that the leering businessman is annoying you. It's unlikely he's annoying the rest of the flight.

How about the other people on the flight he's staring at? Maybe they're annoyed too?

How about the New Yorker who shouts obscenties at the top of his/her lungs when it takes 45 minutes to take off from LGA? That's pretty annoying to the whole plane.

My point is that there's ALL kinds of annoying people out there! Kids are NOT the only creatures capable of annoying a plane load of people!

Deal with it, or call NetJets :)

Maybe they could make a "cry room" section?

Or what about sound proof overhead compartments where... nevermind. :sarcasm:

How about the other people on the flight he's staring at? Maybe they're annoyed too?

How about the New Yorker who shouts obscenties at the top of his/her lungs when it takes 45 minutes to take off from LGA? That's pretty annoying to the whole plane.

My point is that there's ALL kinds of annoying people out there! Kids are NOT the only creatures capable of annoying a plane load of people!

Deal with it, or call NetJets :)

Good point. I don't have a witty rejoinder, either. :)

I do deal with it. Have to. Can't afford NetJets and have to fly if I want to eat.

I'd pay more for an airline that had a behavior test for ALL of its passengers. No annoying kids who scream and cry. No loudmouth trailer park trash who use trash bags as luggage. No guys who haven't showered in three days who like to break wind on the plane.

Think about it, folks. An airline where you can sit down in your seat, relax, and be left alone?

Three, four, five hours of peaceful bliss?

How much is that worth to you?

What about drunken pilot geeks who are are still sweating out Gin from the night before courtesy of the bartender.... :D

Back