Cfi School

Fort Lauderdale. I had my recheck for MEI (I failed first time on turns around a point!) and then an hour later I had my CFII checkride.

I had Pinkslip, as well. MEI on Tuesday, CFII on Wednesday. Decent guy. His checkrides are pretty much by rote, no surprises.

Sometimes he falls asleep while doing a checkride, if he does skip onto the next few things down in the gouge -- he does all the checkrides the same way so he will assume he slept through most of it.

Hey there fellas, hope everyone is having a good weekend.

First of all i want to say congrats to Jeff(SatelliteBeachPilot) for finishing with ATP.

And Now for my own update, a lot has definitely happened...

Since the last time i posted, i was getting ready to take my CFII checkride, which i ended up busting the oral part. I felt like crap for the rest of the day and night, mostly because that was the first time i failed a checkride, but now that i look back what happened, i learned a lot from my mistakes, and that made me a better pilot/instructor.

But anyways, so i had my re-check five days later and i passed with flying colors, it felt great.

Now fast forward to last week, i began my commercial single / cfi single training, and i must admit my first flight in the cessna almost made me feel like i was back in my private days :), but it only took me a few bad landings to figure out how to land the 172 properly.

And this Friday, ladies and gentlemen, yours truly officially became a Commercial Single Engine Pilot, and Single Engine Airplane Flight Instructor. This day also marked the day I finished ATP flight school and there Airline Career Pilot Program.

So Whats next...

Well right now I'm still currently working at a bank, and that has been providing me with the steady income that i need, in order to survive.

But honestly i dont want to be working at my present job any much longer, dealing with money is just not my cup of tea, and so i am actively seeking a flight instructor position here in florida.

As far as working for ATP, that would honestly be the best option and also the most viable, i've been talking to courtney, and she basically told me that i would of course have to sit in the call center for a good few weeks, before i can go to standardization. And honestly i dont mind that at all, because i would still be getting instructor pay minus the bonuses, it just that call center would be a very boring job, but oh well.

So yea folks, that was my little :sarcasm: update, i will of course keep you guys posted about my future endeavors, and if anybody has any questions about the program and/or my experience at ATP, dont hesitate to send me a PM.

Out of curiosity how long has ATP been offering the complete CFI school to non-ATP students again? I remember that they suspended the program for non-students awhile back.

As far as working for ATP, that would honestly be the best option and also the most viable, i've been talking to courtney, and she basically told me that i would of course have to sit in the call center for a good few weeks, before i can go to standardization. And honestly i dont mind that at all, because i would still be getting instructor pay minus the bonuses, it just that call center would be a very boring job, but oh well.

Did she give you a time frame? As of last week, while that was the case, their hiring had slowed down significantly and only a select few are getting even the call center jobs. I'd imagine your name would be at the bottom of a long pile of potential applicants

Did she give you a time frame? As of last week, while that was the case, their hiring had slowed down significantly and only a select few are getting even the call center jobs. I'd imagine your name would be at the bottom of a long pile of potential applicants

yea she said, its about two weeks after i get the call center job that, i should be expecting to get a cfi slot.

Back