Cfi School

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

A little update on my experience at CFI school:

As expected, i've been studying my butt off, and I feel like me and the drawing board are now best friends. So far the studying is looking good, and I seem to be able to explain everything in pretty good detail.

Today I had my recommendation ride with my CFI school instructor, and that was a pretty good flight, aside from me still being a little nervous, i was able to do everything, and catch all the wrongs my so called "student" tried to do.

As of today my check ride for my MEI is scheduled for Wednesday, September 10, 2008.

Will keep you guys update on my progress.

-Stan

Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good weekend so far.

A little update on my experience at CFI school:

As expected, i've been studying my butt off, and I feel like me and the drawing board are now best friends. So far the studying is looking good, and I seem to be able to explain everything in pretty good detail.

Today I had my recommendation ride with my CFI school instructor, and that was a pretty good flight, aside from me still being a little nervous, i was able to do everything, and catch all the wrongs my so called "student" tried to do.

As of today my check ride for my MEI is scheduled for Wednesday, September 10, 2008.

Will keep you guys update on my progress.

-Stan

Are you an MEI now?!?!?!?

By any chance do you know how he is on the Single CAX, CFI ride?

Pete? Fairly easy. Do them both in the same day. However he's busted many people on these as well. You just cant take it lightly. Keep it within PTS and you will be fine. Also if you do mess up something he most likely will give ya a 2nd chance. Fair!

Pete? Fairly easy. Do them both in the same day. However he's busted many people on these as well. You just cant take it lightly. Keep it within PTS and you will be fine. Also if you do mess up something he most likely will give ya a 2nd chance. Fair!

yea what i'll probably end up doing, is just rent a c172 for like 10 hours,and fly the crap out of it, practicing maneuvers and flying from the right seat.

It really isn't hard to get the ratings done with the time that ATP gives you. The problem that people have is they get their MEI and then they stop trying because everyone says that the last two are a breeze. As long as you keep working til the end you'll be fine.

The problem that people have is they get their MEI and then they stop trying because everyone says that the last two are a breeze

Or they think, "#### its a single engine, I've been flying twins." And they totally forget how sensitive the controls are to a Cessna and how to fly a plane that takes a little touch. And in my oppinion once you have been out of a single for so long a single can be hard to get back use to. Dont take the ###### attitude of, "its only a C172" and you will be fine.

Or they think, "#### its a single engine, I've been flying twins." And they totally forget how sensitive the controls are to a Cessna and how to fly a plane that takes a little touch. And in my oppinion once you have been out of a single for so long a single can be hard to get back use to. Dont take the ###### attitude of, "its only a C172" and you will be fine.

Yea man, i get what you saying. When we went up to the spin training in the C172, and it was weird flying the airplane, but i got used to it pretty quick, and it was much easier to fly in the sense of less items on the checklist, but when it came to the landings, they were just amazing:sarcasm:,lol.

This is why like i said will rent a 172 again, and just get used to it again.

Most people in the Cessna seam to forget that they need to press on that rudder pedal to keep the ball centered due to P factor, and while landing, do it very flat. The Seminole IS an easier airplane to fly, at least in my opinion.

To sign someone off for their initial CFI rating you must have been a CFI for at least 2yrs.

Careful. The FAR 61.195(h) is very clear that to give any TRAINING you MUST meet the following..... This doesn't only talk about who signs off the endorsement for the test. This can be a sticky subject.....

(h) Qualifications of the flight instructor for training first-time flight instructor applicants. (1) The ground training provided to an initial applicant for a flight instructor certificate must be given by an authorized instructor who--
(i) Holds a current ground or flight instructor certificate with the appropriate rating, has held that certificate for at least 24 months, and has given at least 40 hours of ground training; or
(ii) Holds a current ground or flight instructor certificate with the appropriate rating, and has given at least 100 hours of ground training in an FAA-approved course. (NOTE: Part 141)
(2) Except for an instructor who meets the requirements of paragraph (h)(3)(ii) of this section, a flight instructor who provides training to an initial applicant for a flight instructor certificate must--
(i) Meet the eligibility requirements prescribed in Sec. 61.183 of this part;
(ii) Hold the appropriate flight instructor certificate and rating;
(iii) Have held a flight instructor certificate for at least 24 months;
(iv) For training in preparation for an airplane, rotorcraft, or powered-lift rating, have given at least 200 hours of flight training as a flight instructor; and
(v) For training in preparation for a glider rating, have given at least 80 hours of flight training as a flight instructor.
(3) A flight instructor who serves as a flight instructor in an FAA-approved course for the issuance of a flight instructor rating must hold a current flight instructor certificate with the appropriate rating and pass the required initial and recurrent flight instructor proficiency tests, in accordance with the requirements of the part under which the FAA-approved course is conducted, and must--
(i) Meet the requirements of paragraph (h)(2) of this section; or
(ii) Have trained and endorsed at least five applicants for a practical test for a pilot certificate, flight instructor certificate, ground instructor certificate, or an additional rating, and at least 80 percent of those applicants passed that test on their first attempt; and
(A) Given at least 400 hours of flight training as a flight instructor for training in an airplane, a rotorcraft, or for a powered-lift rating; or
(B) Given at least 100 hours of flight training as a flight instructor, for training in a glider rating.

Hey guys,

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Just a little update on stan's journey on finishing ATP.

Tomorrow is my CFII, did the practice flight today, with my instructor, and everything went well, had a few hickups, when i was teaching way too much and was letting the plane drift off heading.

The weather in Daytona today was awesome, clear skies (well at least in the morning that is), and calm winds, couldn't have asked for a better day. Hopefully the same will apply for tomorrow. :rolleyes:

But yea tomorrow is the big day once again, with good old' uncle pete. :)

Wish me luck. :nana2:

-Stan

Back