CBD Usage

How do you find legitimate CBD products? We think it could be helpful to some things my wife deals with, but we don’t want to get gas-station quality mystery products.
Unless the FDA is regulating it, there's no such thing. There are no legal labeling requirements. Look at homeopathic stuff they sell. It's all 100% water, yet there's a list of ingredients on the side, of which there's not a single atom in what you're buying. As long as it's sold as a supplement, there never will be regulation. I can't see these companies putting up money for studies to show it works.

Unless the FDA is regulating it, there's no such thing. There are no legal labeling requirements. Look at homeopathic stuff they sell. It's all 100% water, yet there's a list of ingredients on the side, of which there's not a single atom in what you're buying. As long as it's sold as a supplement, there never will be regulation. I can't see these companies putting up money for studies to show it works.
No way bro this stuff totally healed my uncle's brother's son after he had knee surgery. Totally bro.

How do you find legitimate CBD products? We think it could be helpful to some things my wife deals with, but we don’t want to get gas-station quality mystery products.
The Herb — Marley Natural

My brother in law uses their products, specifically the oils, but they are pricey as insurance(at least as far as I know) won't cover it. One dosage gets him through all of his waking hours, he works on his feet all day and only rarely comes home in pain. The oils will not give you any kind of a high, but as others have said that doesn't mean there isn't a scant amount of THC that could trigger a positive test. They sell through various retailers, but I think they're only on the West Coast right now.

One thing it does not appear to help with is migraines, apparently, but it's great for anxiety and chronic physical pain.

No way bro this stuff totally healed my uncle's brother's son after he had knee surgery. Totally bro.
I mean yeah, it has, for a lot of people. No placebo in the world can get subside crippling clinical anxiety and chronic physical pain. But pilots want to pretend they're doctors and make assumptions just because CBD is extracted from cannabis.

Last edited:
I mean yeah, it has, for a lot of people. No placebo in the world can get subside crippling clinical anxiety and chronic physical pain. But pilots want to pretend they're doctors and make assumptions just because CBD is extracted from cannabis.
I've had to deal with this BS a lot lately. Because somehow asking for proof something works requires a medical degree. This is logical fallacy. Putting the burden of proof on the other party. The one not making the incredible claim. It's up there with proving the negative.
No. Anyone with a background in 5th grade science class should be able to look at something and ask for a double blind study(hopefully many) that shows it works. The placebo effect is incredible.
Everyone has their pet BS. Most of the time we can't realize what it is. No different than the essential oil people, the acid/alkaline cures cancer people, the homeopathy people, the chloroquine cures coronavirus people. The anti-vaxxers. It's all the same thing that got you there. Some are more dangerous than other's but you share the same key thing. Anti-science and a willingness to go for snake oil.
You know what they call alternative medicine that works? Medicine.

I've had to deal with this BS a lot lately. Because somehow asking for proof something works requires a medical degree. This is logical fallacy. Putting the burden of proof on the other party. The one not making the incredible claim. It's up there with proving the negative.
No. Anyone with a background in 5th grade science class should be able to look at something and ask for a double blind study(hopefully many) that shows it works. The placebo effect is incredible.
Everyone has their pet BS. Most of the time we can't realize what it is. No different than the essential oil people, the acid/alkaline cures cancer people, the homeopathy people, the chloroquine cures coronavirus people. The anti-vaxxers. It's all the same thing that got you there. Some are more dangerous than other's but you share the same key thing. Anti-science and a willingness to go for snake oil.
You know what they call alternative medicine that works? Medicine.
Are people in this thread asking for proof, or assuming that everybody who gets positive results from CBD is a druggie and playing into social stigmas that are simply ill-informed generalizations?

I am 100% in support of formal testing of CBD and every other product that claims to have positive health effects. So I'm not sure why you'd think otherwise. And there is plenty of research out there by a lot of Universities for one to form an opinion on other than "weed is bad", when this isn't even weed. But if you think a placebo can make someone suddenly not overcome by life long physical problems, then I don't know what to tell you, but I believe what I see for myself and read from informed sources over people's opinions. On any subject, generally. So if I see somebody have undeniable great change in their life from a product and there are many other legitimate claims backed by universities, then that's what I'm inclined to believe. Do as you will, but again, I would love FDA testing on any and all consumable health products.

Unless the FDA is regulating it, there's no such thing.

Your statement is not true. The FDA is federal and federal only, and as usual, they are BEHIND in their evaluation of anything. Please be sure to differentiate between the two when you respond with what's "legitimate" and what's not. Weed is sold all over the place in Colorado, Washington state and California. Where's the FDA's position on weed? Regulations. Totally different topic of discussion.

Unless the FDA is regulating it, there's no such thing.

Your statement is not true. The FDA is federal and federal only, and as usual, they are BEHIND in their evaluation of anything. Please be sure to differentiate between the two when you respond with what's "legitimate" and what's not. Weed is sold all over the place in Colorado, Washington state and California. Where's the FDA's position on weed? Regulations. Totally different topic of discussion.
Ya so states are regulating weed. But it's almost meaningless. What is you recourse if a company lies? Sue them? Oh, you'd have to admit to a federal crime to do so?
Supplements, which are what CBD is sold as are not regulated at all.

Ya so states are regulating weed. But it's almost meaningless. What is you recourse if a company lies? Sue them? Oh, you'd have to admit to a federal crime to do so?

OK but you realize that is by design right? The Federal laws are so atrocious they wont allow there to be testing for a standard.

To further MFTair1's point: the California Organic act comes to mind. California had a really good standard for what was considered organic. When the standard went national the standard was severely weakened. State standards can be quite good but here the Federal regulations prevent there from being any testing or standards for a hemp product.

OK but you realize that is by design right? The Federal laws are so atrocious they wont allow there to be testing for a standard.

To further MFTair1's point: the California Organic act comes to mind. California had a really good standard for what was considered organic. When the standard went national the standard was severely weakened. State standards can be quite good but here the Federal regulations prevent there from being any testing or standards for a hemp product.
I realize the supplement industry is massive, has tons of money and lobbies very heavily to not require their products to be tested or to have to show they work.

Your Graham's argument is weak and off point. Why should I care about false advertising when my primary concern is CBD efficacy?

The focus is there. Due diligent research is always my first action. Due diligent research. The more you learn, the more you know.

Your Graham's argument is weak and off point. Why should I care about false advertising when my primary concern is CBD efficacy?

The focus is there. Due diligent research is always my first action. Due diligent research. The more you learn, the more you know.
Because they can false advertise what is in their CBD product. It could be 100% water and you'd have no recourse.

Because they can false advertise what is in their CBD product. It could be 100% water and you'd have no recourse.

What recourse do I have if there's a false positive on a pee test? You talk as if false advertising is an absolute.

What recourse do I have if there's a false positive on a pee test? You talk as if false advertising is an absolute.
You can have your second sample tested. Chances of 2 false positives is non existent.

It's not an absolute, but it's incredibly common with supplements. There are studies, most supplements are not labeled correctly.
The incorrect information on labels is so bad, and enough people have reportedly popped positive for cbd use in supposedly THC free cbd, that the FAA and every single AME out there has said to avoid it.
Supplements, of which most are snake oil are a major problem in this country, but they lobby harder than big pharma to sell their worthless products that can actually cause real harm in some rare circumstances.

You can have your second sample tested. Chances of 2 false positives is non existent.

It's not an absolute, but it's incredibly common with supplements. There are studies, most supplements are not labeled correctly.

You're still guilty in the eyes of the feds.

No you're not. 1 Positive and one negative on the same sample is a negative. There's a reason there's 2 samples. Perhaps you should look into how you are tested.

See how words matter? Why do you do that? One positive and one negative on the SAME sample? I never said nor was I implying that. You're assuming the SAME sample was available for a retest, the THC disintegration rate in the sample was below the threshold for a positive, or even the initial test was flawed. Nope. Not rolling like that.

. . .and I looked. As I've also said, I've never tested positive for ANY illegal drugs. I will freely admit <self reported> use of CBD, but again, it's not about me. . .and I didn't test positive for any illegal drugs.

I'll suppose you'll simply say I've been lucky instead of saying the labels were accurate.

Last edited:
See how words matter? Why do you do that? One positive and one negative on the SAME sample? I never said nor was I implying that. You're assuming the SAME sample was available for a retest, the THC disintegration rate in the sample was below the threshold for a positive, or even the initial test was flawed. Nope. Not rolling like that.

. . .and I looked. As I've also said, I've never tested positive for ANY illegal drugs. I will freely admit <self reported> use of CBD, but again, it's not about me. . .and I didn't test positive for any illegal drugs.

I'll suppose you'll simply say I've been lucky instead of saying the labels were accurate.
You enjoy the use of the word “illegal” but your confusing that with “acceptable”. Right now, with us discussing today, the FFA says it’s not acceptable. Get on board with this until they change their minds.......

You enjoy the use of the word “illegal” but your confusing that with “acceptable”. Right now, with us discussing today, the FFA says it’s not acceptable. Get on board with this until they change their minds.......

Try again sir. Words matter! I chose the applicable words.

Back