CBD Usage

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
I’m looking for a thread on the FAA‘s position on taking CBD’s, I found nothing. Can someone direct to to a thread?

The long and short of it is, you can't because unless you get this stuff from an actual lab at a university, there's been some small amount of THC content.

If you do use CBDs don't buy the cheap gas station garbage. Also pick up a few home pee test kits that test for THC. If you're going to take the risk at least be informed if you will test positive or not before you go back to work.

If you do use CBDs don't buy the cheap gas station garbage. Also pick up a few home pee test kits that test for THC. If you're going to take the risk at least be informed if you will test positive or not before you go back to work.
And if you do test positive it will be 6mo before you’re clean again, right?

Surprised that you would suggest a pilot even dabble in CBD’s when we’ve already had cases of positive tests...

Surprised that you would suggest a pilot even dabble in CBD’s when we’ve already had cases of positive tests...

No.

It’s more like if you’re gonna do heroin don’t use dirty needles.

That whole abstinence thing usually has a lot of broken lives in its wake.

FAA Aeromedical is like dealing with doctors in the dark ages. One of my favorite doctors constantly tells me “they can’t deal with health.”

It’s kind of pathetic that ALPA just rubber stamps the FAA’s take on it but I understand why.

And if you’re gonna do heroin don’t use dirty needles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I’ll tell my friend. He was asking.

Not necessarily true. @msmspilot THC level is what will make or break you. In most CBDs, it varies. Sorry, Harry Anslinger's 1937 ignorance to the facts is prevalent even today even among professionals. I coordinated with a couple of government organizations to get a true perspective.

Here's a good summary:

Yes sir. I actually would. I would encourage them to do the research first to know "exactly" what the possible impacts are of varied CBD products available. The more you know, the more you realize there is a clear and distinct different between hemp CBD and marijuana CBD.

I worked with two government agencies that would slam you if you came up 'hot' on a urinalysis <and believe me when I say I questioned why I was so "frequently randomly selected" to go pee in a bottle>. Even more disconcerting to me was even after I came up negative, they believed the test were flawed because I did volunteer disclosure. Yes, they were educated. CBD and weed ARE DIFFERENT. You simply ask - what's the intent of use? The answer will help you decide your options.

Not necessarily true. @msmspilot THC level is what will make or break you. In most CBDs, it varies. Sorry, Harry Anslinger's 1937 ignorance to the facts is prevalent even today even among professionals. I coordinated with a couple of government organizations to get a true perspective.

Here's a good summary:

I do understand that. But how much THC is in that product? You have no way to know.

Most CBD’s aren’t regulated because they’re sold as a supplement. Independent tests have shown that they can vary from .4% THC to as high as 10% THC irregardless of what the label shows.

Actually .3% THC is legal to sell here in Texas. The laws vary from state to state as far as testing is concerned and any variation above .3% will get you pickle with your state AG folks <strickly from a grower viewpoint>, however, regardless of the negativity of the former public relations campaigns, CBD and hemp have proven to be beneficial. Back to the original premise - what do you wish to use CBD for? OK. . .sure - Caveat emptor

Last edited:
Back