"But I've got a flow...?"

Anybody at a regional that can witness the last 12 months at Compass and not apply that same paradigm to their own situation is probably doomed to a certain level of disappointment in their career.

But did you have any Gluten Free food, and why did it have to be on the week end?

Stanelyu-300x263.jpg

I guess I haven't been paying attention; what happened at Compass?

-Fox

I believe they used to offer a guaranteed interview at Delta as part of their recruitment, and Delta basically said 'yeah, no, we're not doing that.'

I talked to a guy that pretty much dropped out of college and went to an American Eagle-ish carrier with a flow that a recruiter promised him a 3 year "flow".

Nine years later, he's in my buddies line at SouthernJets complaining about his lack of movement and why, after so many years, he didn't flow, didn't have a degree and therefore, was professionally shackled to his regional because he wasn't competitive.

A recruiter, especially at the regional level will tell you virtually anything. Teeeeeeeerust me on this one. Or not.
especially when @ClarkGriswold was one

Financially, it makes sense to keep applying even if you have a flow and bail to another legacy or fedex/UPS up until the day you flow. You'll have to run the numbers for yourself but it generally makes sense to go to any go to any major airline, outside of Frontier and Spirit outside of being 2 years from flowing. If you're flowing in 7+ years Any ULCC/LCC/Major should put you ahead over the remainder of your career.

There's zero reason not to apply to other airlines while waiting to flow other than you've become complacent with your career. If you get a job offer somewhere else you can do the math to see if it's better to stay with the flow or go. In the vast majority of cases it makes sense to accept the job offer.

I know we like to look at past history, but going forward now with just 4 big legacies, a handful of majors/LCCs, I really think the dnyamics of the industry have changed forever (with the same impact as the 1978 deregulation had). If I was a 23 yr old at Envoy, I'd easily stick it out 6 yrs and see what happens. Most likely, will end up at AA through the flow. Worst case, you're 29 and simply go elsewhere.

Back