Bumblebee is now officially.....

mjg, Have you ever heard of an older guy (maybe deceased) named Cal Butler. I think he may have been one of the pioneers in aerial firefighting.

so, when can we get a tour of the plane or a discovery flight going for everyone? HAHHAHHA

so, when can we get a tour of the plane or a discovery flight going for everyone? HAHHAHHA

I know the discovery flight is not an option LOL . . . but MJG did show me the aircraft last year when I went up to CIC to meet with him. I don't know what the status of taking people up (into the airplane . . . not IN the airplane) for just a looksee is. I was talking with him about employment opportunities, when I went up there.

If I get off my butt (and also if cracks don't keep popping up in these Brazil planes) I'll do a mini Meet and Greet. Showing the aircraft is not a problem, just need to run names through the ITAR Nazi's to make sure someone isn't on the State Department disallowed list... :)

Ride a longs are strictly no no by both our contract and insurance. That is one serious rule too.

You know Dale, when I had the opportunity to meet you in Vegas, I immediately saw that you possessed so many interesting and unique talents. I knew after talking with you that you would achieve great and extraordinary things. The breadth of your talents and your humble nature left me quite impressed to say the least. I am so proud of this step you have taken and I very much look forward to hearing about how your first season goes. We will miss you here for a while, but understand that many of us will be living our sense of excitement and adventure vicariously through you out there on the fire line. Hurry back and please be safe.

Congratulations again Dale, I am proud to be your friend.

You know Dale, when I had the opportunity to meet you in Vegas, I immediately saw that you possessed so many interesting and unique talents. I knew after talking with you that you would achieve great and extraordinary things. The breadth of your talents and your humble nature left me quite impressed to say the least. I am so proud of this step you have taken and I very much look forward to hearing about how your first season goes. We will miss you here for a while, but understand that many of us will be living our sense of excitement and adventure vicariously through you out there on the fire line. Hurry back and please be safe.

Congratulations again Dale, I am proud to be your friend.

I am completely humbled by this post and by the many well wishes I have received here and in my analog world as well. I have considered for most of the day how to best respond.

I have learned in my life that the greatest satisfaction comes from gaining the respect of those who you respect. If that is the true measure of success, then I feel successful. I will do my best to honor your friendship and support by continuing to strive to be the best aviator, mentor and friend I can be.

Back