Bumblebee is now officially.....

I'm not at all jealous Dale. At all. I'm not. In any way. at all.

Congrats man!

Very proud to know you!

Hey, women of JC---is it just me or are the 2 very best type of men pilots and firefighters? :p :D

Dale, I'm so happy for you and am sure you'll love it and do well! :) Just be sure to keep Michael in check, will ya! ;)

Hey, women of JC---is it just me or are the 2 very best type of men pilots and firefighters? :p :D

Dale, I'm so happy for you and am sure you'll love it and do well! :) Just be sure to keep Michael in check, will ya! ;)
I'll be sure to give a detailed report on how Dale does on his first landing in the mighty Orion....:nana2:. Also, I'm hoping we expand over the next few years which will bring more opportunities here in the future.

I'll be sure to give a detailed report on how Dale does on his first landing in the mighty Orion....

Can someone video the landing (from outside) if possible? If it is a good one, post it here?

Again, congrats Dale!:rawk:

This really is thanks to MJG and JC. I followed the wisdom, here on the forum, and Michael truly is paying it forward, just like the motto around here. :)

I just followed the profiles that are spelled out here on Jetcareers.

. . . as far as my first landing in the Orion . . . as long as MG can post about it, I'll be happy!:rawk:

It's the red clay JATO! (You dump a 25K load and see what happens):nana2:

That is a good description!:panic:

I know the AT-301 was fairly docile when you dumped an entire load (~2500 lbs). Had to dump one full load from a safe altitude to see firsthand how the airplane would react before actually working the airplane. First off, I was surprised at how fast the load dumped, and secondly, how the airplane reacted. Even though I had the stick forward and was climbing, it wasn't that bad.

Just was curious how the Orion reacted...

The retardant weighs 9-9.5 lbs per gallon, and we can carry up to 3000 gallons but we are restricted per contract to only 2550, so you can imagine. Hopefully we will eventually put the -14 engines on, which is a lot more power.

You can control the coverage levels, so only at the highest coverage level will you feel the big pitch up, which is always a good thing when headed down a canyon. :)

The retardant weighs 9-9.5 lbs per gallon, and we can carry up to 3000 gallons but we are restricted per contract to only 2550, so you can imagine. Hopefully we will eventually put the -14 engines on, which is a lot more power.

You can control the coverage levels, so only at the highest coverage level will you feel the big pitch up, which is always a good thing when headed down a canyon. :)

Who you calling a retard.....

Ohh...you said retardant. ;)

Back