Breeze Airways

A friend of mine just got an email from a Breeze recruiter today requesting a virtual meeting to discuss dispatch openings there. The email said that they'll initially train and operate in Minneapolis, then be relocated to SLC in about a year.

It's just a preliminary discussion and not an interview, but it's still good news given the current state of the industry.

A friend of mine just got an email from a Breeze recruiter today requesting a virtual meeting to discuss dispatch openings there. The email said that they'll initially train and operate in Minneapolis, then be relocated to SLC in about a year.

It's just a preliminary discussion and not an interview, but it's still good news given the current state of the industry.

Is this still happening? They sent what looks like an automated email that seems to imply they have suspended recruiting, and they no longer have any positions posted.

Is this still happening? They sent what looks like an automated email that seems to imply they have suspended recruiting, and they no longer have any positions posted.

Can confirm. I know someone who had an interview today. They are looking at MSP initially and then SLC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That email basically says they are going to start using an actual ATS in the near future and will be posting jobs once they get that up and running.

At least its not the New York area anymore, that had to have been a hard sell. Still curious why they have to train/operate in MSP for a year before going to SLC - does it have to do with FAA approvals or they dont anticipate the OCC to be built in time?

Former Compass Airlines was based in MSP with the E175 on their certificate. With Breeze operating E190s, maybe the plan is to obtain the Compass certificate and then transition everything to SLC.

unnamed.jpg

Former Compass Airlines was based in MSP with the E175 on their certificate. With Breeze operating E190s, maybe the plan is to obtain the Compass certificate and then transition everything to SLC.

The Compass certificate is the old Independence Air certificate. It’d be fun to see it go back to an independent LCC, though hopefully Breeze fares better. 3rd time’s the charm?

Why is it easier to keep passing around the old certificates like a used car than apply for a new operating cert from the FAA?

Why is it easier to keep passing around the old certificates like a used car than apply for a new operating cert from the FAA?

Time and cost - it takes years to complete a 121 application to certification. Not to mention you're paying people to work on the application, manuals, SOPs and airplane leases (depending on how far along you are) all while you're not bringing in any revenue. It's hard to justify when you can find a certificate and have a somewhat "plug and play" operation. Tack on a DOT application for scheduled service and it gets messy. California pacific airlines is a good example of this.

Time and cost - it takes years to complete a 121 application to certification. Not to mention you're paying people to work on the application, manuals, SOPs and airplane leases (depending on how far along you are) all while you're not bringing in any revenue. It's hard to justify when you can find a certificate and have a somewhat "plug and play" operation. Tack on a DOT application for scheduled service and it gets messy. California pacific airlines is a good example of this.
In terms of just transfering the cert to another airline and manuals/SOPs and the rest, I remember a story one of my professors in college told me of how an airline transfered the certs and took every manual from the airline they bought the cert from WORD FOR WORD and went ahead and used them but then forgot to change the airline name on the manuals and every page in the manuals from the old airline to their own.

The Compass certificate is the old Independence Air certificate. It’d be fun to see it go back to an independent LCC, though hopefully Breeze fares better. 3rd time’s the charm?

"JOINT APPLICATION OF COMPASS AIRLINES, LLC AND BREEZE AVIATION GROUP, INC. FOR TRANSFER OF CERTIFICATE AUTHORITY"

Given the industry downturn, what is the likelihood of Breeze ever getting off the ground?
When the covid thing first started I thought it would set the stage perfectly for a new airline to capture market share as the existing airlines were on life support but it is clear now that there won't be any market share to capture for a very long time. They'll probably be able to survive for a while with ultra cheap labor costs and low fuel prices but the odds of them making it in the long run are very low IMO.

When the covid thing first started I thought it would set the stage perfectly for a new airline to capture market share as the existing airlines were on life support but it is clear now that there won't be any market share to capture for a very long time. They'll probably be able to survive for a while with ultra cheap labor costs and low fuel prices but the odds of them making it in the long run are very low IMO.

I would normally tend to agree,but I also am hesitant to bet against Dave Neeleman

The investors know they are going to loose money the first 2 to 3 years during the operation of a startup airline. Since they are willing to accept the risk, maybe breeze will come out well off from the COVID crisis.

Back