Breeze Airways

squawk7800

More information released on David Neelemans new airline in the last few days. Any ideas when they would start to hire for OCC positions?

They had a LinkedIn post a few weeks ago with pictures of their new office space and the desks going up so they are moving right along in SLC already.

I want to work in SLC! One can take a city bus to Alta. Is there a job posting yet or some job website?

From the article on their most recent LinkedIn post: “Breeze Aviation Group will be headquartered in Salt Lake City, but Neeleman declined to say where the airline’s flight operations will be based.”

Not sure if “flight operations” is referring to their OCC or not. I kind of doubt it considering the media has no idea what an OCC is. But if it is talking about that it doesn’t sound like it will be in SLC.

It’s really interesting they keep opening offices right next door to JetBlue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good catch, ISP confirmed. Idk why airlines insist on placing their OCCs/IOCs in terrible locations.
It looks like former JetBlue directors are the ones in charge of it so it makes sense Neeleman wanted that level of experience running it.
But yeah I wish them luck in their quest to find quality dispatchers willing to move to NYC for what will almost assuredly be regional airline type wages.

It looks like former JetBlue directors are the ones in charge of it so it makes sense Neeleman wanted that level of experience running it.
But yeah I wish them luck in their quest to find quality dispatchers willing to move to NYC for what will almost assuredly be regional airline type wages.

Yeah, the location of the dispatch office was always why JBLU never interested me, when I was working at a regional. Had they been headquartered in SLC, I would have been applying there from the get-go. I am sure Breeze will find people from the NYC area willing to work there, but while Islip itself seems to be a nice enough town/suburb on Long Island, the cost of living from a quick Google search appears to be even higher than in NYC proper.

Back