Breeze Airways

JetBlue moving out of NYC would be a good deal for the employees. Depending on where they move could show an uptick in those interested in going there.
One would hope... Their being in NYC is the biggest turn off for most everyone I know.

And that could change if they ever move.

It would make it appealing to many more people. Maybe they know that people do not want to move to NYC with the pay they make.

Looks like they’re setting up interviews for this month.

Also FWIW I was reading on another forum that the pilot payscale is regional like - about what you’d expect for a startup. I would be shocked if they started at more than $18 for dx.

Last edited:
Looks like they’re setting up interviews for this month.

Also FWIW I was reading on another forum that the pilot payscale is regional like - about what you’d expect for a startup. I would be shocked if they started at more than $18 for dx.

I read the same about hiring this month. I’d expect calls to go out in the near future if they expect to keep to that timetable.

I read online they want two years of dispatch experience, so I doubt anyone with that much experience (outside of TSA, sorry guys) would take a dispatch job for $18 unless it’s a family decision or they don’t enjoy having a roof over their head while affording food. SLC is expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"A very short time"...??? Who told you that? A Nigerian Prince? I would bet you $500 they will be in NY for at least one year !! But Hey, If folks want to move from (enter current locale) to Long Island and then to SLC inside for 6 months all for a whopping $20.hr......Then have fun. God Bless your little heart.

I have spoken directly to the Director of IOC for Breeze and he has confirmed that the Dispatch office will be in SLC either late this year or early next year.
"A very short time"...??? Who told you that? A Nigerian Prince? I would bet you $500 they will be in NY for at least one year !! But Hey, If folks want to move from (enter current locale) to Long Island and then to SLC inside for 6 months all for a whopping $20.hr......Then have fun. God Bless your little heart.
The director of IOC told him.

Like I said.....$500...cash money. How many of us have been told that we are getting new dispatch software any day now? Uh-huh. I rest my case.
How else are they going to get people to actually move to ISP without promising SLC. If Im wrong....party at my place.

Just reporting what I was told directly from the horse's mouth. I am not ruling out delays, and I certainly know all about a company over promising and under delivering. The building in SLC that will house the IOC is already being built out. Their startup IOC staff in ISP will be extremely small, not very many people to move to SLC. They are only starting with a small fleet of E95's flying a couple days per week each. This isn't some large scale airline moving across the country! The majority of their ramp up on Dispatch staffing will come after they are already in SLC and start taking the A220 deliveries. So I'll gladly take your $500 when the time comes, you can give it to me at the party you'll apparently be hosting!! LOL!

Question for those who have interviewed. Are they firm on needing PIC time in the 190 for DEC? I’m an ACMI guy with a handful of heavy, international TPIC.

-blink

Has anyone actually confirmed the rate? I've seen 18/hr and 20/hr above but from the sounds of it no one actually knows?

Question for those who have interviewed. Are they firm on needing PIC time in the 190 for DEC? I’m an ACMI guy with a handful of heavy, international TPIC.

-blink

Considering this is a dispatch form, you may want to try the pilot side of the forum.

Has anyone actually confirmed the rate? I've seen 18/hr and 20/hr above but from the sounds of it no one actually knows?
They’re using SkyWest’s payscale for their pilots. No way their dispatchers get paid more than the regionals. IMO this opportunity would only be worth it if your airline is going out of business. Leaving an established regional for another $16-18/hr job at an airline that could be gone by the end of 2021 is a hard pass.

Seems like a really bad time to start an airline amid all this virus hysteria and with most airlines cutting flying and reducing schedules.

I doubt we'll see them actually start flying until this virus is well past.

If the virus is still around, we're in a lot more trouble than anyone realizes.

I may have said this earlier, but I wouldn’t leave my major for this. But if I was still spinning my wheels at a regional I’d be gone in a heartbeat for this job.
Start ups are awesome. You’ll learn a ton of new stuff. Get hands on experience in parts of the operation you would never see as dispatcher at an established airline. Plus there is a ton of room for growth starting day 1.

Back