Breeze Airways

Yeah there’s affordable housing on Long Island. You can make it work. If it interests you.

yeah, Im not 100% sure if the OCC will be in ISP...that info i posted above comes from cobbling together online tidbits...
On the Breeze FB page they have posted photos from the SLC office (which is also real, looks like HR, acct, IT) that look like the view NW from maybe the 3 or 4th floor. All new desks etc. Looks great. So who knows, they might get up and running in ISP and then move the OCC west..??

Yeah, the location of the dispatch office was always why JBLU never interested me, when I was working at a regional. Had they been headquartered in SLC, I would have been applying there from the get-go. I am sure Breeze will find people from the NYC area willing to work there, but while Islip itself seems to be a nice enough town/suburb on Long Island, the cost of living from a quick Google search appears to be even higher than in NYC proper.

Islip is pretty much central to Nassau and Suffolk counties in LI. Suffolk County has significantly less COL than NYC and Nassau County. Property taxes are also less than both NC and NJ.

From what I see on LinkedIn it says "Soon to launch out of ISP Long Island NY", which I take to mean flying out of ISP, not an OCC in ISP (unless I am missing something). The model they're going for is unserved markets with no competition, low costs, technology driven. There is a lot of that back east, so ISP makes sense. Operating an OCC + whatever else in a much more expensive building in ISP while the rest of HDQ is in SLC doesn't make sense for the model they're trying to operate.

From what I see on LinkedIn it says "Soon to launch out of ISP Long Island NY", which I take to mean flying out of ISP, not an OCC in ISP (unless I am missing something). The model they're going for is unserved markets with no competition, low costs, technology driven. There is a lot of that back east, so ISP makes sense. Operating an OCC + whatever else in a much more expensive building in ISP while the rest of HDQ is in SLC doesn't make sense for the model they're trying to operate.
Could be. Although the 2 dispatch guys are pretty much the only ones who have their locations set to NYC instead of SLC. One of them even changed his status from ORD where his last jobs have been to NYC. So it definitely sounds like it won’t be in SLC.
But I agree that it doesn’t make sense at all.

Last edited:
Could be. Although the 2 dispatch guys are pretty much the only ones who have their locations set to NYC instead of SLC. One of them even changed his status from ORD where his last jobs have been to NYC. So it definitely sounds like it won’t be in SLC.
But I agree that it doesn’t make sense at all.
It could just be that they are working at the JBU office in LIC to get all the paperwork written and approved.

Every airline I’ve worked at so far had their headquarters either in the same building as the OCC or within spitting distance.

Frontier's old dispatch office use to be on Tower Rd.
Anyway, as you walked into the lobby, dispatch was to the right and folks could see right in as there were 3 big glass windows
Of course we would always put up signs, like -

No Tapping on the Glass - People Sleeping
Feeding Time at 11
Do Not Disturb the Dispatchers
In Case of Emergency - Break Glass (The hammer was taped to the glass on the dispatch side)

Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of Higher-Ups :)

Frontier's old dispatch office use to be on Tower Rd.
Anyway, as you walked into the lobby, dispatch was to the right and folks could see right in as there were 3 big glass windows
Of course we would always put up signs, like -

No Tapping on the Glass - People Sleeping
Feeding Time at 11
Do Not Disturb the Dispatchers
In Case of Emergency - Break Glass (The hammer was taped to the glass on the dispatch side)

Needless to say, we didn't get a lot of Higher-Ups :)

I can only imagine what the signs said during negotiations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what pay looks like for a startup airline. I read a while back that Neeleman said he’s going to pay his people well and remain a private company so the employees gain from profit rather than shareholders. At any rate I’m guessing around $20/hr to start for dispatch.

Like I said....ISP. For pete's sake. And yes, john says they "plan to move to SLC"...but not sure when. 3 mons? 12mons? He couldnt say and wouldnt say as you can well imagine.

Back