Boring sorta buys Embraer

Are all new Airbus e.g. 320NEO getting the eyeliner or is it airline specific.
No idea. Methinks its to make the a320 style windshields to look more like 787, but thats just me
Wife got me a 330-900Neo model to put next to a 777-300 out of the demo ride, so that's cool I guess

I would like world wide CPDLC and then they can stop innovating in front of the cockpit door. I feel like we are in the sweet spot of aviation technology. The boring and tedious parts are automated, but we can still turn everything off and fly the damn plane.

Regardless, if you enjoy narrow body domestic flying you’re weird.
To each their own. I’m not much of a napper so don’t know if widebody is for me. Would love the layovers obviously.

Best part of narrowbody is plenty of trips with 1-2 legs a day. I’ve had 3 leg 3 days and what not so it’s not all 4-5 legs a day like when I was on the 190 or 8 leg days back at Colgan.

For the Airbus nerdfest, it’s always about that silly tray table. I just don’t get it. Nobody grew up dreaming of fondling a side dildo while a kale salad sat on a tray table in front of them.
No...but I do dream about being able to move while on the flight deck.

The only problem with being an Airbus hater is, if that person goes on to actually fly an Airbus, there's a 99% probability they're going to have to take back just about anything and everything bad they'd said about the thing.

It's not that the pilot Airbus supporters here or anywhere are that infatuated with it. It's an airplane. It's just that you really can't find that much wrong with it, yet it's a 30 year old design.

Since then, have any group of civil aviation engineers been as forward thinking and revolutionary as the designers of this thing must have been?

Airbus.jpg

I mean really, Boeing.

Try to keep up.

It’s super comfy and I much prefer the setup for the trans-cons over the cramped and loud locomotive cockpit of the 73.

It’s super comfy and I much prefer the setup for the trans-cons over the cramped and loud locomotive cockpit of the 73.

Again, the 737 isn’t the only other airplane out there. I know the Airbus nerdfest loves to go there because it sucks, but 757s have been around for decades now. DC-9 variants for half a century.

Autothrottles that provide no tactile or visual indication of their moving.
No tactile feedback on the stick.
Dual control inputs that average each other out.
Different "laws" that behave differently than normal airplanes.

Etc.

I promise you that at all times, I know exactly what the engines are doing. It may be difficult to imagine, but the lack of movement of the thrust levers are a nonfactor.

I've also found the bus to be a nice bird to hand fly. It may not have the traditional feel as other airplanes, but I've found you can fly the thing incredibly smoothly and with ease.

Dual inputs aren't ideal, but can be overcome with proper training and CRM.

The lack of understanding of the laws is the most frustrating subject to talk about to non Airbus pilots. The laws are there to protect the pilots if they find themselves in a situation they shouldn't even be in in the first place. It also allows superior performance if needed, e.g., recovering from windshear.

Again, the 737 isn’t the only other airplane out there. I know the Airbus nerdfest loves to go there because it sucks, but 757s have been around for decades now. DC-9 variants for half a century.
The 737 is most often compared because it the equivalent to the 320. Why do I care about other models when they aren't applicable to the modern day domestic flying fleet.

9 out 10 Airbus pilots would argue with you about your opinions. I think that says a lot about both the Airbus and of your opinions. But what do I know, I guess I'm part of the Airbus nerdfest.

A bunch of type-rated pilots with thousands of hours of experience in the thing and several other type ratings against which to compare: "it's actually a pretty good airplane."

People with no type and no experience in the airplane: "hhyyyyyaaaaak-shuually...."

Back