Boring sorta buys Embraer

Then your FO sucks. Simple as that. They might be real new and still hanging on to the tail. Everyone is there at some point. But that shouldn't be the norm.
I do hand fly every opportunity I get. Last year I think that added up to less than 1 total hour. There's so little to do as PF, I rather enjoy being PM with someone who flies the airplane.
I guess. But I’m not going to hand fly to prove a point that my FO sucks at multi tasking. I’ll probably tell them this is something he/she needs to work on but I’m not going to throw them in the fire.

Just a bunch of ego-driven crap. With a bit of insecurity thrown in because people don’t truly understand the automation. And that’s the real problem.

Usually, yes.

I did once or twice. AirTran would never have even considered asking us to fly without an AP, but Pinnacle did. I refused if the flights were going to be too long, weather was too bad, etc.
Just a bunch of ego-driven crap. With a bit of insecurity thrown in because people don’t truly understand the automation. And that’s the real problem.

Yeah, thanks for playing, but you’re the last person I’d take any flying lessons or advice from. From my view, the people who preach what you’re laying down usually are the ones that are weak pilots and use the automation as a crutch. Jerry W is a great example of that.

Yeah, thanks for playing, but you’re the last person I’d take any flying lessons or advice from. From my view, the people who preach what you’re laying down usually are the ones that are weak pilots and use the automation as a crutch. Jerry W is a great example of that.

:bounce:

I don't find either. I find that not only can people(at my shop) not handle a very low workload level, something as simple as replying to both a heading and altitude assignment, put that in the FMC, respond to the call and maybe a traffic call thrown in, but they also don't understand the automation after they turn it on right after takeoff.

Jetcareers very own JerryW!!

Sure ToddO, I'm sure the CAP members are amazed of you stories during the Saturday pancake sessions.
Those of us who actually fly, not just manage, can see through your BS.

ToddO:

Your math doesn't add up, unless you are counting the last 2.5 + years you haven't been flying 121, as flying 121.

Back