Booked my “first” lesson!

Not to hijack your thread/thunder.

Second flight in the 172 today. I can actually land again.

Gonna take the wife for a $300 hamburger then probably get checked out in the 182.

My CFI says the main problem with airline pilots, transitioning back into basic trainers. Is landing apparently its common to round out too high. Was this also your issue?

My CFI says the main problem with airline pilots, transitioning back into basic trainers. Is landing apparently its common to round out too high. Was this also your issue?
Well that and flying at 60 knots.

When the airbus is at 30 feet it noses down to force the pilot to flare. The flare in the 172 is at like 5 feet. So the sight picture is way different. You feel like you’re way too low, too slow, and it’s slightly panic inducing.

Just be careful how you talk to ATC. Don't want to come off sounding like a student. :)

I almost called the tower yesterday to bitch at them. Trying to do a touch n go and damn local starts yelling at me as I’m about the flare that “19E you need to hurry up! Blah blah blah”. After the go was really tempted to key up and be like “this is why you’re at podunk Islip!”

I almost called the tower yesterday to bitch at them. Trying to do a touch n go and damn local starts yelling at me as I’m about the flare that “19E you need to hurry up! Blah blah blah”. After the go was really tempted to key up and be like “this is why you’re at podunk Islip!”
*mains still in air* exitpapa2holdshort22rightoncharlietrafficon1milefinal

I took a 172 up having not flown single engine in over a year, I forgot what a 10kt crosswind was like. Thank god there were no witnesses. I can't imagine what I'd have done after 9 years, besides probably involve the ntsb

Ha, I can totally relate to this. My last time in a 172 was, erm...eye opening! That was 13 years ago. Haven't felt the urge to go since then either. I'm good with my 12 days/ month in my shiny jet.

Took and passed my pre-solo test today with flying colors. Was going to do 1 lap around the pattern with my CFI and assuming I didn’t eff it up was going to solo. Started my takeoff roll, instantly noticed something didn’t feel right, saw was only getting maybe 2100rpm, so aborted takeoff. Tried some more run ups on the tarmac but never anything more than 2100rpm. So no solo today =(. Gotta wait til next Wednesday now which will be 2 weeks between flights. Yuck.

Took and passed my pre-solo test today with flying colors. Was going to do 1 lap around the pattern with my CFI and assuming I didn’t eff it up was going to solo. Started my takeoff roll, instantly noticed something didn’t feel right, saw was only getting maybe 2100rpm, so aborted takeoff. Tried some more run ups on the tarmac but never anything more than 2100rpm. So no solo today =(. Gotta wait til next Wednesday now which will be 2 weeks between flights. Yuck.
good call, could have been a dicey solo...

172s are the most suck-ass planes to land in the GA training fleet.

There are far better and easier planes to land.

Yeah. I said it. Fight me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree. I was in a flying club with a 172, and had the hardest time landing that thing consistently. After the first few landings in the Bo, I was completely comfortable in it. Haven't flown it in any really serious wind yet, though.

Back