Beech 1900 versus Metroliner

Street cred...that's funny. :)

I've got a good amount of SPIFR experience. Nobody cares. In fact, a lot of the time, I don't even mention it when the inevitable "What'd you do before this?" question comes up. If that time would have helped me build experience in ocean crossings and managing automation on a widebody, people would probably care. But alas, nowadays I pretty much just wind up punching buttons on a galley oven rather than fly around with a Bowie knife in my teeth (as was the style when I flew SPIFR).

I guess I also make more money and was home 18 days in June, though...

(See Post #5)

What did prepare you for that then? :) Directed towards anyone in the thread flying wide body international for that matter. A CRJ/ERJ doesn't go across the ocean, isn't wide or heavy, and isn't an Airbus or Boeing.

Nobody in the real world cares if you have 1900 vs Metro time. A Metro gives you street cred? Please. They are both 19 pax planes that were converted to fly freight. They both require a type rating, and they both go 270 KTS true, give or take.
I always thought it was funny being "looked down" because I hadn't stepped up to the plate of the mighty metro.

I always thought it was funny being "looked down" because I hadn't stepped up to the plate of the mighty metro.

"I don't hate Kingair pilots, but I pity the fools!"

mr-t-in-the-role-of-ba-baracus-in-the-a-team.jpeg

Street cred...that's funny. :)

I've got a good amount of SPIFR experience. Nobody cares. In fact, a lot of the time, I don't even mention it when the inevitable "What'd you do before this?" question comes up. If that time would have helped me build experience in ocean crossings and managing automation on a widebody, people would probably care. But alas, nowadays I pretty much just wind up punching buttons on a galley oven rather than fly around with a Bowie knife in my teeth (as was the style when I flew SPIFR).

I guess I also make more money and was home 18 days in June, though...

(See Post #5)

To be fair you went from an international 767 operator to another international 767 operator. Of course you will focus on that at an interview ;)

SA227 are maintenance hogs. Outside AMF, lots of operators do not take care of their Metros, so it becomes a pain to fly. I enjoyed flying it in the Sim in San Antonio but not so much in real life.

What did prepare you for that then? :) Directed towards anyone in the thread flying wide body international for that matter. A CRJ/ERJ doesn't go across the ocean, isn't wide or heavy, and isn't an Airbus or Boeing.
You have to learn sometime, which is what being a new guy is about. The SPIFR time was valuable at a stick/rudder, decision making level, but that experience can be readily gained elsewhere.

To be fair you went from an international 767 operator to another international 767 operator. Of course you will focus on that at an interview ;)
Actually they asked me a lot about Cape at my latest interview. :) I certainly don't downplay its value in my logbook; it was foundational to me. Just pointing out that SPIFR is good time, but not the only good time. When it comes to managing automation and energy in a big jet, RJ guys actually have a leg up.

I'm actually counting down the days/months/years until I'm eligible to bid over to the Whale. Not that I have an undying need to fly a 747, only that they make more money and, uh well, I guess have the same amount of time off. ;)

But more money! And bunks!

I don't have a valid argument, and I've cooled off with the "ZOMG FREIGHT DOGS RULE!", I'm just suspicious that flying a jet before you fly a jet matters.

Back