Be careful....

Dang, those graphics! What flight sim platform is this? And does anyone know what kinda computer specs would be needed to run this smoothly with max graphics/detail and a good frame rate?

(Old memories of running FS2000 with sliders to full for max graphics and scenery, then suffering from a 2-3 FPS rate which made gameplay jerky and boring).

God that video brought me back.
I remember booting up FS2004 for a flight to somewhere, and seeing 500 AI aircraft magically diving to a final approach because that was how the engine handled AI traffic addons. Need to get dropped in like a tonnabricks, but don't you worry; MSFS ATC could do it. As Real As it Gets*!

*don't worry about the FedEx A330.

Dang, those graphics! What flight sim platform is this? And does anyone know what kinda computer specs would be needed to run this smoothly with max graphics/detail and a good frame rate?

(Old memories of running FS2000 with sliders to full for max graphics and scenery, then suffering from a 2-3 FPS rate which made gameplay jerky and boring).

Pretty much any decent gaming PC can do this nowadays.

I always thought it’d be like of funny to release a game where as soon you die the game doesn’t work anymore.

In my age, we had Russian Roulette, and we didn't need no fancy vidya games!
tumblr_a4644d6eb3739cb75a703d4354d81b32_601799a8_400.gif

FAA to conduct sweeping safety review after multiple incidents

Citing a series of recent aviation safety incidents, the head of the Federal Aviation Administration has ordered a sweeping review of the agency.

“We are experiencing the safest period in aviation history, but we cannot take this for granted,” Billy Nolen, the acting FAA administrator, wrote in a memo. “Recent events remind us that we must not become complacent.”

His memo comes after a technological breakdown led to the first nationwide airplane departure grounding since the 9/11 attacks, and two significant events where airliners nearly collided at the runways of major US airports.

In my age, we had Russian Roulette, and we didn't need no fancy vidya games!

When I was a kid, it felt like it was something people actually played after a bad card game. That, plus I thought I had a 100% chance of having to, at one point in my life, escape quicksand and make huge jumps with dirt bikes.

"This is SERIOUS, Byron, we're going to have to do this one day, pay attention!"

When I was a kid, it felt like it was something people actually played after a bad card game. That, plus I thought I had a 100% chance of having to, at one point in my life, escape quicksand and make huge jumps with dirt bikes.

"This is SERIOUS, Byron, we're going to have to do this one day, pay attention!"

Watching old movies made me think parana were a much bigger problem.

Ah, yes, a "sweeping" safety review. Nothing solves institutional problems once and for all like an executive type needing to show they can make things happen. I bet they have a drawer full of "shovel-ready" plans that haven't been pursued before because ... uh, huh.

Back