5. 101,841 5. 107,233
6. 107,320 6. 114,069
7. 113,551 7. 121,380
8. 118,459 8. 126,900
9. 125,166 9. 133,800
10. 130,287 10. 140,000
11. 138,504 11. 147,200
12. 147,014 12. 158,290

You have to wait a year to get your whole raise? That’s kind of embarrassing.
[/QUOTE]
This is how every union scale is written up, you get raises as the scale moves left to right to adjust for cost of living.

The cost of living in NY is ridiculous lol, feel like the Allegiant pay scale is better due to the COLA (plus Nevada there is no state tax)

Feel like 100k should be starting pay at least, just because how ridiculous expensive New York is.

B6 is probably just going to be like Hawaiian , a major airline that is severely underpaid due to the cost of living (People will only work there just because there locals and most likely a stepping stone to the legacy carriers)

The lack of attrition doesn’t support that narrative

Last edited:
How nice of the company to match Alaska's already outdated pay and not try to match Southwest industry leading pay. Unions are good folks

In a perfect world, yes. But sadly JetBlue is not there yet in regards to revenue. Hopefully in the near future if/when the spirit acquisition closes.

This is how every union scale is written up, you get raises as the scale moves left to right to adjust for cost of living.

Union scales hold 50% of a new pay scale for a year? Of a two year contract for that matter. I also didn’t know that JetBlue was a union shop?

Union scales hold 50% of a new pay scale for a year? Of a two year contract for that matter. I also didn’t know that JetBlue was a union shop?
They are not a union shop. I'm just saying that you don't get all of your raise at once in a union scale either. I've worked under a scale that had a 30% raise spread out evenly over 5 years.
IMHO, I think this scale is pretty fair considering where they stand as an organization in relation to the rest of the industry. I understand the cost of living argument for NY but cost of living is never discussed when these pay scales are drawn up. Your local union negotiator will tell you this as well.
I'll be interested to see what Spirit can come up with now that they have this scale in front of them.

They are not a union shop. I'm just saying that you don't get all of your raise at once in a union scale either. I've worked under a scale that had a 30% raise spread out evenly over 5 years.
IMHO, I think this scale is pretty fair considering where they stand as an organization in relation to the rest of the industry. I understand the cost of living argument for NY but cost of living is never discussed when these pay scales are drawn up. Your local union negotiator will tell you this as well.
I'll be interested to see what Spirit can come up with now that they have this scale in front of them.

This. Also the new pay scale matches almost exactly to Alaska’s which Seattle has arguably just as expensive COL as NYC. So all things considered it’s a fair raise. Especially considering these reviews happen every two years so it’s not like we’re stuck with this for many years.

This. Also the new pay scale matches almost exactly to Alaska’s which Seattle has arguably just as expensive COL as NYC. So all things considered it’s a fair raise. Especially considering these reviews happen every two years so it’s not like we’re stuck with this for many years.
But Washington doesn’t have state tax, and NY does

I’m just here to dispatch planes and get paid. Turns out money does matter.
1000012336.gif

The top of the scale seems decent. The first four years are the biggest cringe, especially the first two. That’s fine if companies want to pretend like location doesn’t matter, but they should at least take it into account on the base level. Sub $100k within an hour of the city is paycheck to paycheck for anyone with a single income. $100k at year three would be more realistic. JetBlue is a high quality airline, located in NYC, and operates on 3 continents. It shouldn’t start it’s pay right next to Allegiant.

The top of the scale seems decent. The first four years are the biggest cringe, especially the first two. That’s fine if companies want to pretend like location doesn’t matter, but they should at least take it into account on the base level. Sub $100k within an hour of the city is paycheck to paycheck for anyone with a single income. $100k at year three would be more realistic. JetBlue is a high quality airline, located in NYC, and operates on 3 continents. It shouldn’t start it’s pay right next to Allegiant.

you’re the first person I’ve heard on the floor living “paycheck to paycheck”. People do ok for themselves with a lot less in NYC, even in the more expensive neighborhoods. Idk where you live but maybe consider not expecting SWA pay at year 1 at an LCC that makes half of what they make in annual revenue. Seems like you’re at the airline for less than a year and are already dreading it. I wish you luck and hope you get on with one of the big 4. If not, then stop your complaining.

You have to wait a year to get your whole raise? That’s kind of embarrassing.
[/QUOTE]
Heres some perspective:

Year one pay for me (started in march) is 73,610.
In October this year (less than 3 months), I go straight to 81,464 nonetheless, 7 months in. Thats a 7,854 raise pretty much for existing here.
Then I go to 83,214 at my year 2 in March 2024.
Then on October 1, 2024, I go to 86,231. 73,610-86,231 in 1.7 years. A raise of 12,621 in that span. And 5 months later when I hit year 3, I'll raise AGAIN to 92,042. That's 18,432 in 2 years.

Thats a very helpful jump no matter where you are. As a solo man in NY, I'll gladly take it. And I am external.

Last edited:
Heres some perspective:

Year one pay for me (started in march) is 73,610.
In October this year (less than 3 months), I go straight to 81,464 nonetheless, 7 months in. Thats a 7,854 raise pretty much for existing here.
Then I go to 83,214 at my year 2 in March 2024.
Then on October 1, 2024, I go to 86,231. 73,610-86,231 in 1.7 years. A raise of 12,621 in that span. And 5 months later when I hit year 3, I'll raise AGAIN to 92,042. That's 18,432 in 2 years.

Thats a very helpful jump no matter where you are. As a solo man in NY, I'll gladly take it. And I am external.
[/QUOTE]

More money is always good

you’re the first person I’ve heard on the floor living “paycheck to paycheck”. People do ok for themselves with a lot less in NYC, even in the more expensive neighborhoods. Idk where you live but maybe consider not expecting SWA pay at year 1 at an LCC that makes half of what they make in annual revenue. Seems like you’re at the airline for less than a year and are already dreading it. I wish you luck and hope you get on with one of the big 4. If not, then stop your complaining.
He’s not saying that they have to start at 100k, just that it would better if the progression to six figures didn’t take 4 years living in a very expensive city.

Back