B6 hiring

Received a contingency offer 01/30 for a proposed 03/01 class start date. As of today 2/10, I still havent received a formal offer. Has anyone received one here recently or still waiting? It feels like it's taking longer than it should.

Last edited:
Received a contingency offer 01/30 for a proposed 03/01 class start date. As of today 2/10, I still havent received a formal offer. Won't know now til maybe two weeks out. Has anyone received one here recently or still waiting? It feels like it's taking longer than it should. Growing concern so any reply is appreciated.
Congrats!!! On the contingency offer tho

Received a contingency offer 01/30 for a proposed 03/01 class start date. As of today 2/10, I still havent received a formal offer. Has anyone received one here recently or still waiting? It feels like it's taking longer than it should.

Congrats! Welcome to the team.

Our people department is super busy with all the hiring happening so I’d give it another week or so. But I do believe all initial ground school is in MCO.

See you on the floor!

Our people department is super busy with all the hiring happening so I’d give it another week or so. But I do believe all initial ground school is in MCO.

See you on the floor!
thanks! im excited to get started, waiting for the formal call every day. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

See you on the floor!

To confirm, training happens in MCO with the "floor" up in NY?

Hey all, got the formal offer today. Relocating to NYC around March 31st.

I would like to request some info on areas to live in that are good for a first year dx. Finding Astoria has higher rents and limited options. If anyone knows of options in good burrows that are relatively close to the office, lmk!

Also, is New Rochelle/Yonkers doable? Units seem pretty decent there.

Can't wait to start!

I would like to request some info on areas to live in that are good for a first year dx. Finding Astoria has higher rents and limited options. If anyone knows of options in good burrows that are relatively close to the office, lmk!

Can't wait to start!

I don't work at B6 but.. Check Google Maps for public transit directions and commute times from places you might want to live. Yonkers to B6 HQ is about an hour on a good day with the train. By car, more or less the same but with a pricey toll to cross the Midtown tunnel which will add up if you take FDR drive through Manhattan. You can live out in CT with a 1 hour drive too. Up to you what kind of atmosphere you like.

I don't work at B6 but.. Check Google Maps for public transit directions and commute times from places you might want to live. Yonkers to B6 HQ is about an hour on a good day with the train. By car, more or less the same but with a pricey toll to cross the Midtown tunnel which will add up if you take FDR drive through Manhattan. You can live out in CT with a 1 hour drive too. Up to you what kind of atmosphere you like.

You don’t need to take the Midtown tunnel from Yonkers to the HQ. There are ways to avoid tolls with a minimal increase in travel time

Can't wait to start!

New Rochelle & Yonkers are quite different. Personally, I'd not choose Yonkers. Gopherdx mentioned some spots to consider. I'd also suggest downtown Jersey City, Journal Square, Hoboken if you're ok with NJ suburbs. Congrats on being selected!

I live in NJ and sometimes going to NJ or to Manhattan depending on your shift can be brutal. I get out at 1330 and it's usually not THAT bad but there are some days where it takes an hour to cross, kid you not.

Saw the email for the new dispatchers. Congrats! Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk I need some advice @jetsguy737

Back