B6 hiring

Right there with you on hoping that the pay change comes with the merger. Not to add more Jet A to the fire, but that's hilarious if the SWA thing is true. Some from that group seem to have a certain demeanor around these parts. Can you blame them though? They do work for one of the majors, really, one of the big four. Did I mention that they are based out of Dallas?
WN sure is a big 4 LCC 🤣

a buddy told me it was big three, that other one being a LCC
meanwhile at SWA HQ, I mean luvly NOC..

smoking-money (1).gif

nice contradiction considering Alaska has a union. Besides pay, B6 gets a lot more than most airlines so you have to look at the whole package.

The only other airline I know of that gets 9 weeks of vacation time is perhaps Atlas with their new contract.
Alaska union got them a good contract in 2022. Its now outdated thanks to WN union getting their big contract. If Jetblue had a union do you think they would've negotiated for Alaska pay or WN pay?

Alaska union got them a good contract in 2022. Its now outdated thanks to WN union getting their big contract. If Jetblue had a union do you think they would've negotiated for Alaska pay or WN pay?
and WN would not have gotten their contract without their membership showing solidarity and voting down their first TA, voting out their president for who failed to get them what they felt they deserved and picketing outside DAL. But enjoy whatever • your company management is feeding you

and WN would not have gotten their contract without their membership showing solidarity and voting down their first TA, voting out their president for who failed to get them what they felt they deserved and picketing outside DAL. But enjoy whatever • your company management is feeding you
Their team went through absolute hell and back for that all to happen. B6 team met for just a few weeks and implemented things. We know the future has a lot still to come and that will include future raises. It ain't over here, folks.

At least B6 got a contract. There are dispatchers at other airlines that haven't gotten anything for quite a bit cough Frontier Spirit cough

Their team went through absolute hell and back for that all to happen. B6 team met for just a few weeks and implemented things. We know the future has a lot still to come and that will include future raises. It ain't over here, folks.
yea, the meeting took a few weeks because there was nobody on the other side of the table to disagree

so do y’all go back and forth like this with the pilots too? Can’t imagine the responses when a captain asks for extra fuel in case they go missed.

“Capt, I gotta show solidarity with my policy. No extra fuel for you.”

At least B6 got a contract. There are dispatchers at other airlines that haven't gotten anything for quite a bit cough Frontier Spirit cough
They didn't get a new contract. A contract is an agreement enforceable by law. They received a subpar pay raise

They didn't get a new contract. A contract is an agreement enforceable by law. They received a subpar pay raise

Subpar according to who? Lol. You’re comparing an airline that makes a fraction of what the big 4 make a year in revenue. Most people on the floor are happy with it. Obviously there are those that felt it can be better but I’m sure everyone would be happier with more, but having a union doesn’t guarantee you’re gonna be getting big 4 pay. As mentioned, look at the struggle F9, NK are going through right now to get raises with their unions. It’s not all butterflies and rainbows.

Union votes have happened here apparently that never went anywhere, there’s a reason for that. And that reason is JetBlue actually takes care of their people (for the most part). Dispatchers topping out at mid to high six figures and more with some of those premiums is not bad.

Also you’re wrong, it is a legit contract. Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about.

How is this subpar? Don’t most of the unionized regionals still make sub 50k? If $10-20k isn’t a lot of money to you I’ll gladly send you my Venmo/cashapp so you can put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited:
How is this subpar? Don’t most of the unionized regionals still make sub 50k? If $10-20k isn’t a lot of money to you I’ll gladly send you my Venmo/cashapp so you can put your money where your mouth is.
Including regionals in this discussion is comparing apples to oranges. Union contracts at other carriers is why places like JetBlue pay the way they do. It's the market rate. That being said, I think for where they compare to the rest of the market it seems like a fair pay scale to me.

Usually if people are complaining about a pay raise, it has more to do with their personal expenses then it does the actual pay. And if it’s truly subpar then that’s the beauty of capitalism…people can leave and try to find better somewhere else. They can join the hundreds to thousands of others trying to get into one of the big 4 to start at the bottom with pay and seniority just to HOPEFULLY have a chance at topping out after another decade of working in the trenches.

Subpar according to who? Lol. You’re comparing an airline that makes a fraction of what the big 4 make a year in revenue. Most people on the floor are happy with it. Obviously there are those that felt it can be better but I’m sure everyone would be happier with more, but having a union doesn’t guarantee you’re gonna be getting big 4 pay. As mentioned, look at the struggle F9, NK are going through right now to get raises with their unions. It’s not all butterflies and rainbows.

Union votes have happened here apparently that never went anywhere, there’s a reason for that. And that reason is JetBlue actually takes care of their people (for the most part). Dispatchers topping out at mid to high six figures and more with some of those premiums is not bad.

Also you’re wrong, it is a legit contract. Clearly you have no idea what you’re talking about.
B6 pilots have a snap back provision in their contract that matches their pay to the average of United, Delta, American, Southwest and Alaska. B6 Dispatchers pay matches the lowest of that bunch. I guess the company doesn't value dispatchers as much as pilots. Sounds like they are taking care of you though.

it is interesting that an airlines 2 biggest expenses are fuel and pilot salaries, yet the tiny department that looks after them both seems pretty unappreciated. i imagine the difference between a good and bad dispatcher can cost the company hundreds of thousands per year. things like always overfueling, diversions due to poor planning etc.

a lot of people have been using the “revenue” term to explain the pay, but how does that work? yes jetblue had a 2022 revenue of $9B while delta had $45B, but delta also has 5 times the active dispatchers, so that seems to even out, no?

B6 pilots have a snap back provision in their contract that matches their pay to the average of United, Delta, American, Southwest and Alaska. B6 Dispatchers pay matches the lowest of that bunch. I guess the company doesn't value dispatchers as much as pilots. Sounds like they are taking care of you though.

Another ridiculous statement, but I’ll bite. That’s comparing apples to oranges. There is a real pilot shortage right now and all major airlines are doing their best to retain pilots therefore raising/matching salaries. It’s supply and demand. On the flipside, hiring has slowed down at b6 dispatch and seems like the roster is fat and despite popular belief, no one is really leaving or has left the last several years to the point where there’s a “scarcity” for dispatchers.

Why does JetBlue’s pay match Alaska? Well because they are almost identical airlines in every sense. Supposedly they're piggy backing off Alaska’s latest contract, which IIRC, was ratified after WN’s “industry leading” contract was ratified. The super majority of dispatchers on the floor do agree that this is fair.

We’re beating a dead horse here with this back and forth. I’m not a “company man” by and stretch but I can recognize what is fair and I truly believe with everything dispatchers get at JetBlue (pay, PTO, 401k, flexibility, etc) that it’s a solid place to be. Unless of course you have a personal vendetta against living in the northeast like many in here have. That’s your business though.

it is interesting that an airlines 2 biggest expenses are fuel and pilot salaries, yet the tiny department that looks after them both seems pretty unappreciated. i imagine the difference between a good and bad dispatcher can cost the company hundreds of thousands per year. things like always overfueling, diversions due to poor planning etc.

a lot of people have been using the “revenue” term to explain the pay, but how does that work? yes jetblue had a 2022 revenue of $9B while delta had $45B, but delta also has 5 times the active dispatchers, so that seems to even out, no?

I tend to agree with this sentiment. Dispatchers are sometimes undervalued by airlines but I think that tide is shifting. If every single dispatcher max fueled their flights every day without a care in the world for efficiency/economics then airlines would lose millions if not billions a year. And to correct your statement, it’s not just pilot salaries that is an airlines top cost, it’s salaries in general. But yes, pilots do make a lot more now due to the pilot shortage issues happening. Airlines are struggling to hire/retain.

A lot of people when looking at this new scale are focusing only on the first few years and while yes, it could be higher, the latter half of the scale is pretty damn good. Again, making $170,000 not including OT is pretty damn good. Let’s call it “a light at the end of the tunnel”.

you are right, that tide is shifting, beginning with the UA contract, i think we entered an era where contracts negotiations no longer have the “light at the end of the tunnel” narrative. i think that is why many are so surprised by the new scale. i understand why they thought matching AS was a good move, but even though the AS scale only came out 6 months before UA, it was the last contract signed in an era that is now outdated. besides that, when it came out it was industry leading, i would be surprised if they dont get a revision

you are right, that tide is shifting, beginning with the UA contract, i think we entered an era where contracts negotiations no longer have the “light at the end of the tunnel” narrative. i think that is why many are so surprised by the new scale. i understand why they thought matching AS was a good move, but even though the AS scale only came out 6 months before UA, it was the last contract signed in an era that is now outdated. besides that, when it came out it was industry leading, i would be surprised if they dont get a revision

Having read AS’s contract, they’re due for a market review in 2025, same for B6.

Another ridiculous statement, but I’ll bite. That’s comparing apples to oranges. There is a real pilot shortage right now and all major airlines are doing their best to retain pilots therefore raising/matching salaries. It’s supply and demand. On the flipside, hiring has slowed down at b6 dispatch and seems like the roster is fat and despite popular belief, no one is really leaving or has left the last several years to the point where there’s a “scarcity” for dispatchers.

Why does JetBlue’s pay match Alaska? Well because they are almost identical airlines in every sense. Supposedly they're piggy backing off Alaska’s latest contract, which IIRC, was ratified after WN’s “industry leading” contract was ratified. The super majority of dispatchers on the floor do agree that this is fair.

We’re beating a dead horse here with this back and forth. I’m not a “company man” by and stretch but I can recognize what is fair and I truly believe with everything dispatchers get at JetBlue (pay, PTO, 401k, flexibility, etc) that it’s a solid place to be. Unless of course you have a personal vendetta against living in the northeast like many in here have. That’s your business though.
no personal vendetta. Born in the northeast ✌️✌️

Back