ATC Career Path

ATC Career Path

• ANG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aviation Institutions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nimbus0724

Hello, I'm a new member here and I need a bit of guidance from experts like you on my career path.
A little info about myself, I'm 21 years old, from South Korea and currently enrolled in a community
college in Nevada majoring Hospitality Management. I'm on my Sophomore year now,
so I've got just one more semester to go before I graduate with my Associate's degree.
I've always wanted to live in the States, so I've applied for permanent residency last year. I'm expecting
to hear from the USCIS this summer about my immigration status.
But in the meantime, I've realized that Hospitality Mgmt. was not really my "thing" and therefore decided to switch my career field and become an Air Traffic Controller.

After some research, I came to know that there are two ways to become an ATC: One by attending colleges and Aviation Institutions and another by joining the military as an ATC.
Because I've served in the Korean Military before, I was more than willing to join the Air National Guard as an Air Traffic Controller. However, I'm not sure which career path would be better for me to take to become an air traffic controller.
Any suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

There's a 3rd way. Usajobs.gov . Do NOT waste hard earned money getting a college degree in ATC.

Read the threads that have been written about this before on here.

Pretty sure, but not positive, that you'd have to join active duty, and not the Guard, to be able to become an ATC.

If you're not a citizen you can NOT do civilian ATC in the US. I assume you can do it in the military but I don't know.

Back