At least 1 dead as plane with 7 aboard crashes into lake

For as much as people bag on PPW for being toxic or whatever, there isn't a single bit of political purse fighting on their thread about this. I find the entire conversation here shameful.

Quoted for truth.

JC used to be a place that places like PPW and APC should strive to be, as they were far from it. JC has unfortunately devolved to something that these other sites can now point to and laugh at. This accident should be something to analyze and learn from, for all pilots; and at one time that is how aircraft accidents would be treated on this site. How this accident went instantly to political BS, is something that the membership here should be ashamed of, turning the General Topics into the Lav, yet again. And the wishing of death of anyone in an aircraft accident, pilots or pax, is something that would never have been said on this site; bad karma in the same way as wishing for pilots to lose their jobs: as one day, it just may be you.

Stay classy. Be professional. These are two large personal qualities that have been long lost from JC. Shameful indeed.

And the wishing of death of anyone in an aircraft accident, pilots or pax, is something that would never have been said on this site; bad karma in the same way as wishing for pilots to lose their jobs: as one day, it just may be you.

Mike,
I don’t think you can point to anyone “wishing death” on anyone in this thread. If someone did I’d be very disappointed, but I haven’t seen that.

Quoted for truth.

JC used to be a place that places like PPW and APC should strive to be, as they were far from it. JC has unfortunately devolved to something that these other sites can now point to and laugh at. This accident should be something to analyze and learn from, for all pilots; and at one time that is how aircraft accidents would be treated on this site. How this accident went instantly to political BS, is something that the membership here should be ashamed of, turning the General Topics into the Lav, yet again. And the wishing of death of anyone in an aircraft accident, pilots or pax, is something that would never have been said on this site; bad karma in the same way as wishing for pilots to lose their jobs: as one day, it just may be you.

Stay classy. Be professional. These are two large personal qualities that have been long lost from JC. Shameful indeed.

This topic was ideal for a derailment because of that lack of information about the flight/ pilot, so it was either speculate on the accident or succumb to discussing the purpose of their trip which happens to be a polarizing subject.

This topic was ideal for a derailment because of that lack of information about the flight/ pilot, so it was either speculate on the accident or succumb to discussing the purpose of their trip which happens to be a polarizing subject.

Thats the thing. This site used to be better than this. Aircraft accidents especially, which should be used as an educational tool for all pilots, not a pathetic purse fight. Many of these accidents, could be any of us. We’d all be smart to remember that.

Id much rather see some educated speculation or speculative questioning on this accident in an effort to learn, than the idiotic political BS it devolved into. That’s not a positive reflection on JC.

This site needs to be better than this, and make a course correction towards a better example of professionalism. Lest we want to be the APC and PPW we used to make fun of.

Ah yes, another Trump supporter who just wants us to put it all behind us and move on. While their buddies are still actively calling for violence and insurrection. Sorry, some things are bigger than peoples feewings on a website. Every one of these Flynn fans who bites the dust whether it’s an airplane crash or Covid because they wouldn’t get vaccinated makes our democracy safer.

Ah yes, another Trump supporter who just wants us to put it all behind us and move on. While their buddies are still actively calling for violence and insurrection. Sorry, some things are bigger than peoples feewings on a website.

You are the exact lack of an aviation professional that I’m describing here. You have no clue of my politics and are making an assumption, which we know how those go.

Keep the Lav, in the Lav. Want to complain about the people in this accident? Take it there.

And go look up what the word professional means, because it’s glaringly apparent that you haven’t a clue.

You are the exact lack of an aviation professional that I’m describing here. You have no clue of my politics and are making an assumption, which we know how those go.

Keep the Lav, in the Lav. Want to complain about the people in this accident? Take it there.

And go look up what the word professional means, because it’s glaringly apparent that you haven’t a clue.
Oh, you made it abundantly clear for months where you stood politically.

Oh, you made it abundantly clear for months where you stood politically.

Im all over the map politically, and happily so. But none of that has to do with an aircraft accident discussion. Those political discussions are for the Lav. My point is, we should keep those there; that’s why it exists.

We used to do better at that once upon a time. And if taking a look at ourselves in the mirror and seeing that that is too difficult to do, then that’s a bad look on this site as a whole.

The fact that an observation that @Flyinthrew accurately made and was treated in a dismissive manner, only proves his point.

Last edited:
Ah yes, another Trump supporter who just wants us to put it all behind us and move on. While their buddies are still actively calling for violence and insurrection. Sorry, some things are bigger than peoples feewings on a website. Every one of these Flynn fans who bites the dust whether it’s an airplane crash or Covid because they wouldn’t get vaccinated makes our democracy safer.

I have a deep disgust for anything Trump related, but you’re out of control. I can only hope that you’ve had too much to drink.

@MikeD is trying to cool the place off informally by calmly reminding people of decorum and forum rules without having to use mod power. You’re acting just like a drunk coming at a bouncer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quoted for truth.

I appreciate you writing what I've become too apathetic to write. Thank you. I'll try to carry my weight in the future.

Thank you, and also for your observations.

My sole concern in this thread is why a supposedly-perfectly fine jet flew into……or was flown into…..the water, resulting in fatal to all onboard. As someone who realizes that I could potentially end up in parts of, or lead-ups to, the situation here, as I fly analog aircraft that aren’t the best equipped or arranged. Im not infallible, and this accident could have easily been me, with the types of aircraft and ops I work with. As an investigator myself, I know full well that we aren’t finding too many new ways to crash planes, but there are some, and especially with newer technology. May be a lesson(s) needing to be re-learned, or readdressed.

I don’t know the people onboard, and as an investigator and pilot, I’m not concerned with their backgrounds besides the pilot and his/her qualifications. Anything personal or political noise regarding them and not related to the accident dynamics that veers away from the general topics of the accident, are fine to discuss…..however pointless as are most political discussions; just start a thread in the Lav. No one is being prevented from doing so, if that is of such major importance to them to get on their soapbox with. Here, we should be professional enough to maintain the focus that we used to be able to maintain once upon a time on this site, when it came to actual aviation in general, and aviation accidents in specific.

This quote is a perfect melange of @MikeD + Bill Waldock + Craig Funk
Spice Mélange ? :p

1622684356472.png

Quoted for truth.

Oh, please. Enough with the pearl clutching.

Id much rather see some educated speculation or speculative questioning on this accident in an effort to learn, than the idiotic political BS it devolved into. That’s not a positive reflection on JC.

Mike,
Again, I don’t think you can point to anyone “wishing death” on anyone else here.

My dad called me about this accident about it in the days after it happened—he took an interest in it because because my nieces were camping on Percy Priest last weekend—and asked whether the pilot having an expired medical (if true) could be related to the crash.

At first I told him that no, a 6mo expired medical would have nothing to do with an accident, but then I thought about my time as a pilot, and how I always knew the exact date my medical would expire, and that I wouldn’t dream of flying without it. And that made me think about the type of pilot who (again, if true) would blast off without a medical, and what else they might be willing to overlook.

I have no idea if the folks on that plane were headed to the rally in FL. But the reports that they were got me thinking about the type of person that would sponsor an event being headlined by a guy who over the weekend said that we should have a Myanmar-style coup, and who’s overall theme is the rejection of a valid election because it didn’t turn out the way they wanted. If we are going to speculate at all, is it not valid to question whether someone would display in flying one of the hazardous attitudes we’re all taught about before we solo if they clearly have it outside of flying?

I would never “wish death upon” anyone. I think it’s a tragedy when anyone dies, and it hits especially close to home when it happens in an airplane (and more so on a lake I spent a good pet of my childhood on). But in this case I don’t know that the acknowledgement of where they may have been headed is as disconnected from some of the possible causes of the accident as you’re thinking.

This site needs to be better than this, and make a course correction towards a better example of professionalism.

You didn't think that 6 years ago when my anti Trump thread title was modified.

1622691048190.png

From what I've heard, APC is far worse than JC, but I haven't been there since I quit moderating. The writing was on the wall when they sold out to a big corporation.

From what I've heard, APC is far worse than JC, but I haven't been there since I quit moderating. The writing was on the wall when they sold out to a big corporation.
Every time I go over there to browse the amount of crazy is pretty striking. It's almost worse than a youtube comment section.

Back