At least 1 dead as plane with 7 aboard crashes into lake

Exactly. My sentiments as well.

Who cares what their politics were, who they voted for, and what religion they believed in. How about they were fellow Americans who lost their life in a tragic business jet accident, and we find out why it happened so we can learn from it and prevent the next one?
Who they voted for has nothing to do with it.

They were going to a rally where overthrowing the US government is being encouraged. Where there is talk of doing away with free and fair elections. Where the keynote speaker celebrated the deadly military coup in Myanmar and suggested the same should happen in the United States so Trump could be reinstated as President.

They choose Memorial Day for this event. Where “suckers” died to protect the very freedom they are opposed to.

They were going to a rally where overthrowing the US government is being encouraged. Where there is talk of doing away with free and fair elections. Where the keynote speaker celebrated the deadly military coup in Myanmar and suggested the same should happen in the United States so Trump could be reinstated as President.

They choose Memorial Day for this event. Where “suckers” died to protect the very freedom they are opposed to.

Sadly it isn't just this weekend, almost all American holidays have been hijacked in the name patriotism. President's Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Independence Day... they've all been conflated with modern day patriotism (a.k.a. pledge your allegiance to Trump) rather than the traditional holiday.

Edit: Case in point, the purpose of this Citation's trip was to attend a Trump rally in Stuart, FL on Memorial Day. The flyer for this event was all pro-Trump guests and speakers but not one mention of fallen soldiers or Memorial Day.

Last edited:

Technically, they did not hold the rally on Memorial Day. If the flyer is accurate, they held it on Sunday. I would be super pissed if they did it on Monday.

So.... they deserved to die? Callous attitude to have. Where they were going is irrelevant. This aircraft crashed on departure.

Sadly it isn't just this weekend, almost all American holidays have been hijacked in the name patriotism. President's Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Independence Day... they've all been conflated with modern day patriotism (a.k.a. pledge your allegiance to Trump) rather than the traditional holiday.

Edit: Case in point, the purpose of this Citation's trip was to attend a Trump rally in Stuart, FL on Memorial Day. The flyer for this event was all pro-Trump guests and speakers but not one mention of fallen soldiers or Memorial Day.

Feigning offense at not celebrating veterans? Do you only care when the right wing rally crowds do it? How about when the left does it? Like Kamala said, “have a good long weekend!”

Shows you how she views this weekend. How much you wanna bet growing up, Memorial Day weekend to her was nothing more than a long weekend where she got Monday off. It was only after the online outrage that she tweeted in support of veterans. But that’s only because she got caught, the original statement was her true feeling. Just a “long weekend.”

It was rich watching the outrage over Kamala's tweet to have a nice weekend. I was raised in a household where it was a long weekend. My workaholic parents would take Friday off making it longer. They'd pick me up at school on early dismissal and we'd drive to Galveston where we rented a YUGE beach house for the weekend with other couples and it was an enormous party. That was my Dads true spirit.

Here's his headstone. Unpatriotic bastard. One of the other Galveston weekend housemate/close friend was a 3-tour 'Nam guy too. Was fun because it was the one time I'd ever see my stereotype CPA dad ever totally cut loose.
Dad Headstone.jpg

The performative Patriotism of the people defending the treason of 1/6 - to the point of not investigating it and downplaying it as "tourists" and calling for coups like Flynn did this weekend getting their panties in a wad over Kamala Harris is insane.

Feigning offense at not celebrating veterans? Do you only care when the right wing rally crowds do it? How about when the left does it? Like Kamala said, “have a good long weekend!”

Classic CC move, the red herring, except instead of buttery males, it is what-about-Kamala... I mean if we’re going to duck, dodge, and deflect - let’s revisit Trump’s excuse for not visiting the cemetery in France.

I’m sorry for your loss. I’m thankful for his service to our country.

I did not defend the actions of 1/6, nor call them tourists, nor call for coups. It was wrong what happened. And KH was wrong too for her time dead initial message, corrected only after she saw the outrage.

Classic CC move, the red herring, except instead of buttery males, it is what-about-Kamala... I mean if we’re going to duck, dodge, and deflect - let’s revisit Trump’s excuse for not visiting the cemetery in France.

How is it when I point to hypocrisy on the other side, it is met with a “red herring/dodge/deflect.”

This thread is embarassing. A business jet crashed and the liberal JC crowd shows no remorse because they were going to a Trump type rally in Florida.

Speaking of hijacked patriotism, Deadspin has a good piece (for once) on how conservatives spun the Pat Tillman story into something it wasn't. Story highlights how Tillman was far more of a bad ass than once thought.

How is it when I point to hypocrisy on the other side, it is met with a “red herring/dodge/deflect.”

This thread is embarassing. A business jet crashed and the liberal JC crowd shows no remorse because they were going to a Trump type rally in Florida.

The thing is, just because someone doesn’t comment, post or say otherwise, doesn’t automatically mean that that they agree with an event. Yes, “enjoy the long weekend” is very tone deaf for Memorial Day. However the reaction we’re seeing about Kamala’s tweet is the epitome of virtue signaling.

A Citation crashed, and I have no inclination to speculate as to the cause or the pilots capability but the thread took a turn discussing the purpose of the trip. Whether or not they were going to a pep rally, or the zoo - the real problem I see is 7 wrongful death lawsuits and the ensuing litigation that will drive up the cost of insurance, well aviation in general.

Last edited:
Speaking of hijacked patriotism, Deadspin has a good piece (for once) on how conservatives spun the Pat Tillman story into something it wasn't. Story highlights how Tillman was far more of a bad ass than once thought.

DiCaro is one of the few bright spots over there now.

I hate to be the grammar fascist here, but showing *remorse* implies that we've done something wrong.

At any rate, I'm not going to celebrate their death, but I don't have to feel sympathy for them either. That's two less people trying to run this country into the ground, IMO.

If you haven't seen the documentary on his death, I highly recommend it. It's free on YouTube right now.

I'm not really seeing it. I see you very early on in the thread get defensive about religion before it was really even brought up. There was a very neutral reference I made to a source suggesting one of the victims was a Christian diet guru (which she was). Then there was a suggestion that Jesus would put them in something better than a Citation I (which is a mockery of the Citation, not of religion).

I'm not seeing anyone celebrating their deaths. It's as if you became offended before there was anything to be offended about.

I won't celebrate their deaths either, but as a fan of the story of Christ and his teachings, I'd say that if you're getting rich pushing his message, you're doing it wrong. It's blasphemy, and probably worse than attending a Trump rally (barely). Still not worthy of a death sentence.

Back