Are you married?

[ QUOTE ]
The biggest regret I have with my midlife career change is the fact that I'm never home anymore, and I can never plan to do anything with my wife. I miss my wife, having weekends off, being able to take vacation, and not being on call all the time! I can't imagine having 2 full days off anymore, let alone 10! Where do I find that job???
I must admit I question why I ever went into this field sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg

Sheesh! That is the secret to marriage, "Separation"! It adds spice to the marriage, the wanting part.

[ QUOTE ]
With most airlines, it's more like gone for 3-5 days, then home for 2-4 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

True that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not consistantly on call?
Ha! You mock me!!
We get, count em
FOUR days off a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like being on call why don't you apply for a job at NetJets I hear they have an airline like schedule only your not going to the same boring airports over and over again like an airline.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to take a pay cut.

Plus I like the sked.. very much.

People here complaining about having to be gone from home for up to 15 days/month?

Where can I get that job?

Try being gone for months at a time.......straight.

[ QUOTE ]
Try being gone for months at a time.......straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny how people miss that.

People ask my wife all the time how she likes me being gone all the time, her reply.. He is home more than when he was in the Military.

What sucks about deployments is that you are gone so long at a stretch that you get used to the other person not being there and you have to adjust to being back when you get home.

Back