Are you married?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I have a baby, you'd be amazed at how many girls go way out of their way to come find me and go gaga over the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a boy?? Maybe he just inheritated your playboy tendancies Copa?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he got my "chick magnet" genes...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Geez, I feel like an old man!

When I was in high school, a 16 year old looked like a 16 year old.

Now 16 year olds look like 30 year olds, sheesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn that growth hormone injected dairy!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I have a baby, you'd be amazed at how many girls go way out of their way to come find me and go gaga over the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Between our dog and a wedding ring, it gets down right creepy sometimes.

I don't know (or care why) but getting hit on is about 10 times greater now than before I was married.

It *IS* a riot though when on a trip with a partner who is single and he is trying so hard to "meet" the women when we are out. and he is getting passed up.. (heheh thankfully I am a good boy and go back to my room alone)

So I guess my advice is if you want to meet women, get married..

Heh

Hmm, commercial venture ideas are abounding:

Rent-A-Ring, Inc

Rent-a-Schnauzer Corporation

and

BorrowABaby.com

ROFL oh that's a great one Doug!
grin.gif

Hey just out of interest, perhaps a question for all you ladies out there, how many women do you think would tollerate dating or marrying a pilot who's gone half the time? It's not as bad as being a Navy wife but it's still not the regualar 9-5 thing and I'm sure some girls couldn't handle it. Also is the devorce rate more due to the woman being sick of him being away all the time or is it the males doing somthing stupid on their trips away?

[ QUOTE ]
how many women do you think would tollerate dating or marrying a pilot who's gone half the time?

[/ QUOTE ] Heck, I'm looking forward to it! (JK
grin.gif
)

My hubbie has told me the same thing about his wedding ring, which just baffles me. As a woman, I can't imagine being attracted to someone who is already married. But, then again, I'm a nice girl -- maybe the ring just attracts hussies...

Being married to a pilot is great, when he's gone you have time to do the things you want to do that he doesn't enjoy, and the best thing is, you have the remote all to yourself!!

[ QUOTE ]
how many women do you think would tollerate dating or marrying a pilot who's gone half the time? It's not as bad as being a Navy wife but it's still not the regualar 9-5 thing and I'm sure some girls couldn't handle it. Also is the devorce rate more due to the woman being sick of him being away all the time or is it the males doing somthing stupid on their trips away?

[/ QUOTE ] There were a few things that I didn't want in a husband and one of them was a military lifestyle or someone that would be working 70 hours a week. Marrying a pilot wasn't as big a deal. Being a pilot's wife will be hard, but it will have rewards, the most important one being that he is doing something that he loves so he will be less likely to be a miserable ass when he is home.
smile.gif
Time apart can also make the time you have together more, um, passionate. And when you think about people with 9-5 jobs, plus an hour or so of commute, plus a lot of them work at home, by the time they get home and eat dinner and wind down it's bed time. And Saturadys' are usually spent mowing and cleaning and such. So you really don't have any really good days together. I think we will get a lot more quality days together when he has 10 or so days in a row off. Plus I won't ever be working outside the home so my schedule will be open for when he is home.

Of course from what I hear there are 9-5 typs jobs at places like SkyWest where you do one trip there and back and that's your schedule. So you could be a pilot and still have a regular schedule if you got on with them. You have to watch out for the um, uneducated women who think being a pilot's wife is a glamourous money load cause they are only seeing $$$. I haven't met anymone like that but I know they are out there.

As far as the ring goes. I bet that a lot of guys that say they get hit on more once their married just didn't notice a lot of the women that were dropping subtle hints before they were married. Once you are married you learn to read the subtle little things women do so you might be more receptive to it now. You might also be seemingly unattainable which intrigues women. I just don't think that most women actually LOOK at your finger for a ring and THEN hit on you. They might actually just be being friendly as well and you think they are flirting. A married man is less of a threat, someone you could be comfortable having a converstaion with without the fear of him asking for your number. Perhaps the women just feel more open to you without that threat, and aren't really hitting on you.

Maybe things are different where I live, cause the only person that has ever hit on my husband was a Tony Roma's waitress who even got him a drink and didn't even ask me what I wanted, and then helped her self to a tip when I didn't leave one. Other then that, Corbin doesn't generally strike up converstations with people or get himself into situations that he would be hit on. And no it's not like he's ugly and that's why so maybe he just can tell the difference between friendly chit chat and flirting.

Re: For Doug\'s British Friend....Countdown

T minus .... seconds and counting:

It was just a clock counting down until they turned 18. They would then be legal adults and it was nothing more nothing less. Just a little sarcasm. You wouldn't want him fawning over underage individuals.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
There were a few things that I didn't want in a husband and one of them was a military lifestyle or someone that would be working 70 hours a week.....

[/ QUOTE ]

No making fun of you (really I am not) but you do know that your hubb should he fly for an airline or a charter 135 op will be away from home SIGNIFICANTLY more than 40 hours a week and often more than 70 hours....

Yeah, I know he will be gone for like 15-18 days straight from what I gather. But then he'll be home for 10 days straight. Anyway even if those numbers aren't quite accurate, what I meant was that I would have a hard time being married to someone who like the CEO of a huge company and always working non stop, on call, cell phone going when he is at home, etc. At least with pilots you get some days off and I don't think you are really ever constantly on call are you? Pilots don't really have to take work home with them, or have major deadline projects that they are up all night working on. When they are done they are done, is what I am told.

Not consistantly on call?

Ha! You mock me!!

We get, count em

FOUR days off a month.

that means 4 days where you can plan on being more than 2 hrs away from the airport,

4 days where you can have a cocktail before 9:30pm

4 days you can head out of town.

The up side is the other 26 or so days you won't be flying all of them but it limits your freedom of movement.... in a big way..

I am not mocking you. I just don't know how it works for every company and I am going by what I was told. I have heard from the mouth of a SkyWest Capt that the times off is great and he feels it's a lot better then working long office hours. Anyway, whatever. We are married already, it's not like I would leave him if I find out that the hours will be longer then we thought. It's not a big deal.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I know he will be gone for like 15-18 days straight from what I gather. But then he'll be home for 10 days straight.

[/ QUOTE ]With most airlines, it's more like gone for 3-5 days, then home for 2-4 days.

The difference is between airlines and the big wide world of corporate and on-demand charter. Airline pilots are generally not on call on their days when they're not flying (BIG exception would be a reserve line). Charter and corporate (unless the companies are large and run more like the airlines) tend to have more of a flex schedule as far as actual flying goes, but you're on call most of the time. For the most part, few flying jobs will take you away for 15-18 days at a stretch. Maybe 15-18 days total a month, but not all in one stretch. 15-18 day stretches CAN occur in the corporate world, but I would hesitate to say that it happens too frequently. It's certainly not a job I would want!!

Ray

Thank you for the info! Still sounds better to me then being married to a big wig CEO or something so I'll keep Corbin after all. Lol.

The biggest regret I have with my midlife career change is the fact that I'm never home anymore, and I can never plan to do anything with my wife. I miss my wife, having weekends off, being able to take vacation, and not being on call all the time! I can't imagine having 2 full days off anymore, let alone 10! Where do I find that job???
I must admit I question why I ever went into this field sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]
Not consistantly on call?
Ha! You mock me!!
We get, count em
FOUR days off a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like being on call why don't you apply for a job at NetJets I hear they have an airline like schedule only your not going to the same boring airports over and over again like an airline.

Back