Are you married?

I'm married, NOT. Guess it will be nice someday, but I would rather have at least a girlfriend right now. Can't even find one of them. It does kinda suck being single and all especially when you would like to have a girlfriend. Oh well, At least I don't have to sweet talk a beer in order for it to make me feel good! " POP! " gulp...gulp...gulp...gulp......Brrrrrppppp...ahhhhhh. (repeat as needed to clear thoughts and provide overall relaxation)
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now are you actually trying or just expecting one to come to you?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if you try, then never come, right?
tongue.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now are you actually trying or just expecting one to come to you?
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really trying, I guess you would call it open and receptive. If I think a girl likes me, I will act on that. I have found that the harder you try, the more of my famous prescription that I wrote in my last post that you need. It's called COORSophylametrozonazol (antidepressant) I have also found that BUDophyl also works very well (warning: do not drive or take regular prescription medicine while on these medications. May cause liver damage which will take a regular medication to fix which will ruin your kidneys at which time you are fu**ed).
grin.gif
. No, just kidding. I would like to have a girlfriend though.

Well girls are going back to more traditional ways now, they want to be courted so I guess you can just count on being single for a while.
laugh.gif
Are you decent looking? Maybe you should sign up for the Bachelor! LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Well girls are going back to more traditional ways now

[/ QUOTE ]

What!? No, I'm sorry, there is hardly a traditional girl in this world now. Not in my neck o' the woods anyhow.

Guess you better move then! Lol. I am sure it's not like that in some areas, but from what I hear it is. I don't mean traditional like June Cleaver, I mean like, they want to be taken out and have some one show them a good time, act like a gentleman, follow up the date with a call or a card and some flowers, and be asked out again. I am sure there are still a lot of women that would rather play games and have one night stands and who think a date is a trip to the bar or a club, but there are also a lot of women that want to go to a nice quiet dinner and get nothing more then a kiss on the cheek.

I think TheWife is right. A lot of my girl friends always talk about how they wish there were more gentlemen around, and how they don't want to date "•." The problem is, the gentlemen usually are very standofish when it comes to making that initial contact about a date, therefore the jerks come in first and "steal" them away. It's a vicious cycle.

Partially since it was the way I was raised, and also partially because I decided it was the kind of person I wanted to be, I try to be a gentlemen all the time... not just on a date. So I usually feel very it's inappropriate to be "macking" on a girl when there is lots of people around. So a lot of times, I won't act out of what I feel is respect for the others around that person. I think a lot of other guys who have spoken up on here might feel the same way. Patience is an important trait then!

This is why I haven't asked out the really cute Starbucks girl... I am just euphoric from caffeine overdose from too many caramel machiattos!
grin.gif

Next time you pay the Starbucks girl, put your phone number on a post it note and stick it the money, with a big wink, a cute smile, and a hopeful gleam in your eye, see what happens. If nothing happens, then be a goofball and ask her if she's had any good coffee lately, or if she'd like to get a milkshake sometime so she can get a break from coffee or something like that. I think girls really do want the guys to show interest, but the way things have been going lately I think they are also cautious and don't want someone to be overly aggressive, so sublte hints, which women are best at, will let you know if she's interested.

I know you don't mean like June Cleaver. I have taken plenty of girls out for a nice time. It just seems like they don't appreciate it anymore. They really don't. I'm not whining or anything, It just baffles me. I really don't want to get too much into it, cause everytime I think of it, I get pissed off and spout off for a long time about it. I guess whatever happens happens. It would just be a little nice to have someone to stand behind you and support you when you need it. Someone to talk to when you need it also. I mean besides your family. That is basicly expected from them cause it's the job of a family to take care of each other. I'm talking about having a choice and wanting to stand behind you. I guess there just isn't any room for that type of "excess baggage" anymore though.

I am sorry that you are having a hard time. If you do want to talk about it, it might be good to get some of that stress off your mind!

Pretty simple, get her telephone number, don't call her back for a few weeks and hang out with her good looking friends.

She'll fall head over heels for ya!
smile.gif

Really.

[ QUOTE ]
I am sorry that you are having a hard time. If you do want to talk about it, it might be good to get some of that stress off your mind!

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't really say I'm having a hard time, it just has a funny way of affecting your pride sometimes. I mean, I see total losers walking around with beautiful, nice, and funny women. Here I am all together opposite of a loser with a great career in mind and it seems like the only ones that ever want to talk to me have MAJOR issues. I mean big time major issues too. The kind that usually leaves a mental scar for life. It just sucks, cause the way I was taught to treat girls is engrained into me. I cannot change the way I feel about respecting them. Just sometimes it seems like the wrong thing to do if it is the only thing that seems like is cutting your chances down.

I have been happily married to the most admirable and understanding wife (celebrated the 3rd anniversary last week)...
Let me share (not that most people care but since your curious and all.......)
I met her as a (poor) student on a loan (cheap) in beautiful San Diego CA.
After pasta/bread through school/CFI (she moved in quite quickly !). I got a job flying cargo (backside of clock lifestyle...harsh on others !!) in OHIO.....she had been all her life in sunny SD and she followed me (as newly wed) to OHIO...that's rainy/freezy/bory OHIO (no offense buckeye fans
tongue.gif
). And two and half years still on the road 5 days a week and asleep most of the day when home......we are still most amazingly in love (and married)
confused.gif

I just announced her that i might take a commuter job since i can't really wait for the original plan (the industry being slow and all) and thus taking the nice 50% pay cut and 100% seniority cut that goes with it...............and she still talks to me ! I say I'm lucky, but it's just me !

Outside & flyChicaga - man, reading your posts brings back memories.... and makes me appreciate my wife SO much more than I did a few minutes ago.
wink.gif

I was a lot like you guys back in the day (coughcough*fouryearsago*cough). I had pretty much given up on the dating scene. The women I were attarcted to and/or friends with *said* they wanted to date gentlemen and not •... but, when a "nice guy" or a guy with even the slightest bit of class came along - they would turn their noses up at them.

To a woman - the female friends that I used to hang around with - married •. Two are already divorced and the other is too afraid to leave her husband.

BUT - I lucked out. I waited - and better said - WADED through all the *crap-in-a-skirt* human beings out there and found someone real. Someone who wasn't looking for Daddy Warbucks - for the big payday that they didn't earn, but felt that they were entitled to because they were "pretty".

They are out there. They are few and far between. The ones that say they "want a nice guy" are mostly lying to themselves because they then turn around and say that the nice guys aren't a "challenge" - whetever the hell that's supposed to mean.

[/babbling]
Bottom line - relax. Have fun. Don't look TOO hard and you'll bump into her sooner or later.

Hell - I was 35 when I met my wife. First date was on my 36th B-day... so.. good things DO come to those that wait.
laugh.gif

Just my $0.02..... okay... $0.07.
grin.gif

R2F

Yeah that!
smile.gif
Funny that you guys have problems finding nice girls cause all I hear about from the girls are not finding nice guys. There is someone out there for everyone, don't you woory about that!

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty simple, get her telephone number, don't call her back for a few weeks and hang out with her good looking friends.

She'll fall head over heels for ya!
smile.gif

Really.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that I have a baby, you'd be amazed at how many girls go way out of their way to come find me and go gaga over the baby.

Dogs work too, but not as well as a baby.

Go find someone who just had a baby and ask to borrow it for a while. The parents get a nice break, and you have a conversation piece (think "chick beacon") to help attract women.

It works!

Just a tip from your Uncle Copa...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Now that I have a baby, you'd be amazed at how many girls go way out of their way to come find me and go gaga over the baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it a boy?? Maybe he just inheritated your playboy tendancies Copa?

as a self described "nice girl" i'm really glad i found the nice guy in John. He has his • moments like we all do, but we can keep a good banter going as well as a conversation, which is good when we live 100 miles apart. We've been together now for just over a year, and I couldn't be happier. Good things come to those who wait, and who knows, it might be the girl that pursues the guy (ahem...me)
wink.gif

But man, the postit with the phone number...good idea! you should try it! It can't hurt you...at worst she'll think you are a psycho stalker and whatnot, but that's ok,
wink.gif
there are other starbucks out there.
grin.gif

anyway, keep up with the faith that someone will come to you. I believe whole heartedly that everyone has their perfect match, its just a matter of finding him/her

Back