Anyone know the story on this?

jdlilfan

pirep 20:38z 03/22/10
psb uua /ov psb170025/tm 2038/fl375/tp ea50/tb mdt-svr/rm plane inverted

Sounds like a wild ride?

pirep 20:38z 03/22/10
psb uua /ov psb170025/tm 2038/fl375/tp ea50/tb mdt-svr/rm plane inverted

Sounds like a wild ride?

Interesting that it lists Flight Level 375... Unless it was tossed up there by the turbulence an Eclipse is no longer certified above FL370.

If the plane goes inverted, woulden't that be extreame? I mean, severe is bad, hard to sontrol. Extreame is un-controlable, and unless it was intentional, inverted in turbulence in my book is extreame.

Hmm.

Didn't the early Eclipse jets lack on board weather radar? The stuff that was moving through that area today was doing so at a pretty good clip. XM downlink would have been basically useless.

One of my colleagues often reports on company frequency that he is inverted no matter his equipment that day. I wonder if someone let him loose in an Eclipse jet and he forgot what frequency he was on. :laff:

Eh, this happened today around 530 EST I think, real close to the boundary of New York and Cleveland centers. The controller said when the airplane reported this that he had not even seen his altitude change in the data block... must have been a quick tight roll! Which still doesn't answer why it's 375 and not 370. Another controller brought up this happened years ago to a citation, the pilot lost 6,000 feet and recovered... and was totally shaken up.

If the plane goes inverted, woulden't that be extreame? I mean, severe is bad, hard to sontrol. Extreame is un-controlable, and unless it was intentional, inverted in turbulence in my book is extreame.

I could see severe leading to an inverted situation if you were rolling through to avoid over-stressing the airplane. I'm not sure what happened there, though.

Back