Anyone got insight for a fresh commercial pilot?

Huh? What I listed is flying for free aka volunteer work, you disagree? I agree the thread is about getting paid but I didn't derail it off the tracks, was just replying to your point.
No, that's obvious volunteer stuff, which I can't imagine anyone has a problem with, myself included, so don't misconstrue my statement. OP started the thread asking about utilizing his CPL, I added a caveat not to fly for free, IE operations that would require a commercial pilot thus, one would demand to be compensated accordingly. No where in there did I say, "Don't fly for free, also, don't volunteer to use your skills for other good things too, just because."

No, that's obvious volunteer stuff, which I can't imagine anyone has a problem with, myself included, so don't misconstrue my statement. OP started the thread asking about utilizing his CPL, I added a caveat not to fly for free, IE operations that would require a commercial pilot thus, one would demand to be compensated accordingly. No where in there did I say, "Don't fly for free, also, don't volunteer to use your skills for other good things too, just because."

Okay, well if you're not talking about flying for free for a nonprofit organization (volunteer work) then can you list examples? I've been around a while and I just have never heard of an airline, business or corporation that will hire you for a job with no pay, outside of volunteering. I've heard of PFT back in the dark decade but what's going on these days? Is there a website so I can see one of these jobs advertised? Are you taking about a situation where a friend or someone you meet at the FBO sold a plane and ask a favor for the plane to be moved?

Okay, well if you're not talking about flying for free for a nonprofit organization (volunteer work) then can you list examples? I've been around a while and I just have never heard of an airline, business or corporation that will hire you for a job with no pay, outside of volunteering. I've heard of PFT back in the dark decade but what's going on these days? Is there a website so I can see one of these jobs advertised? Are you taking about a situation where a friend or someone you meet at the FBO sold a plane and ask a favor for the plane to be moved?

There are CFIs and ferry pilots who do those jobs for free to build time.

This is what @ozziecat was talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just be happy that starting out in this industry will be much more friendly today than it was even 5 years ago. When you have a wet commercial it still sucks to find work but you will get it done, we all did.

I'm looking into finishing my cfi. I already took the check ride but failed. I just gotta do my re check and I'll definitely be able to get a job.
Guess I don't understand what this thread was about then. So you're basically a few hundred dollars away from making a paycheck. What advice were you looking for?

Guess I don't understand what this thread was about then. So you're basically a few hundred dollars away from making a paycheck. What advice were you looking for?
Yeah and I'm a few hundred dollars from having a few hundred dollars. I don't understand why you're feeling the need to be a prick on everything I'm saying. I'm looking for advice not ridicule and your the only person who is acting like you've never had just over 300 hours and you piss gold. The people I know can help me in tremendous ways I just need a few hours to make it happen. I said I'm working on it you haven't said anything I don't already know, you're just being a bit of a know it all. I'm not trying to be rude at all you just aren't being helpful or anything so I don't understand why you keep commenting on this thread if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

Yeah and I'm a few hundred dollars from having a few hundred dollars. I don't understand why you're feeling the need to be a prick on everything I'm saying. I'm looking for advice not ridicule and your the only person who is acting like you've never had just over 300 hours and you piss gold. The people I know can help me in tremendous ways I just need a few hours to make it happen. I said I'm working on it you haven't said anything I don't already know, you're just being a bit of a know it all. I'm not trying to be rude at all you just aren't being helpful or anything so I don't understand why you keep commenting on this thread if you have nothing to contribute to the conversation.

I call a spade a spade. Lighten up, Francis.

You asked how to build time fast, and essentially you're on the threshold of building time fast in a sunny place as a CFI. So what was the point? Oh yes. Entitlement.

You spent $70,000 and don't have a job. And you're just starting to network. I'm sorry I don't feel bad for you. But I, and others here can help you.

In this thred you've been given no less than 6 flying job options and one recommendation to get any job to finish your CFI. But you haven't even probed once into follow up question on those suggestions of who to contact, where, or other ways this community can assist you to get you to your goals - as if complaining will just have it all fall into your lap.

You even said that you know people and they can help you in tremendous ways, so back to the point - you came here to get sympathy and not advice. We'll, I'm sorry that you need to work hard to reach your goals. And I'm sorry you feel my critique of your entitlement is picking on you.

Let me see if there is a Safe Space around for you.

I call a spade a spade. Lighten up, Francis.

You asked how to build time fast, and essentially you're on the threshold of building time fast in a sunny place as a CFI. So what was the point? Oh yes. Entitlement.

You spent $70,000 and don't have a job. And you're just starting to network. I'm sorry I don't feel bad for you. But I, and others here can help you.

In this thred you've been given no less than 6 flying job options and one recommendation to get any job to finish your CFI. But you haven't even probed once into follow up question on those suggestions of who to contact, where, or other ways this community can assist you to get you to your goals - as if complaining will just have it all fall into your lap.

You even said that you know people and they can help you in tremendous ways, so back to the point - you came here to get sympathy and not advice. We'll, I'm sorry that you need to work hard to reach your goals. And I'm sorry you feel my critique of your entitlement is picking on you.

Let me see if there is a Safe Space around for you.
I have yet to see any critique from you, all you're doing is calling me entitled (I've explained since that post I wasn't trying to come off like that) I see what people have told me to do and I've looked into it and sent in some resumes to aerial mapping places and 135 places as well. Just because I don't ask follow up questions doesnt mean im not gaining information from it. All you've contributed is "get your cfi" that has no value to it. I've been told that numerous times. I know that redundancy is a major part of aviation but damn. I don't need a "safe space" either. I'm an adult and can take criticism but maybe instead of being an • you could try constructive criticism. I'm sorry if I come off entitled. I know that my time severely limits me in options and I don't expect delta to call me with a contract, but I also know that people have built time without having a cfi so I'm looking for anything that can get me back in the air as soon as I can because I love to fly.

You could probably get a desk job working at a flight school, charter department, FBO, etc.. That's a great way to spend down time studying, and meeting people in the same business. I got all my CFI studying done working a graveyard crew scheduling shift when nothing was going on. Getting paid to study is the way to go!

Being from California do you speak Spanish at all? I talked to a camera operator from Lidar America (which I think are based in SoCal) who fly 206s in Central and South America and he had some incredible experiences, but the planes are old and I don't think the maintenance was the best. I think they were looking for around 500 TT, but you might be able to get on as an operator and change over to being a pilot.

There are numerous pictometry operators like Landcare and a few others which fly survey and will take pilots with just a commercial. If you search this forum they've been posted about extensively. They lose pilots mid season as people get their ATP minimums and you might be able to get on to build another 400 or 500 hours before their season ends sometime in May.

No, that's not what it's saying.
14CFR119.1:

(e) Except for operations when common carriage is not involved conducted with airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of 20 seats or more, excluding any required crewmember seat, or a payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more, this part does not apply to—

(1) Student instruction;

(2) Nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted after September 11, 2007, in an airplane or helicopter having a standard airworthiness certificate and passenger-seat configuration of 30 seats or fewer and a maximum payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less that begin and end at the same airport, and are conducted within a 25-statute mile radius of that airport, in compliance with the Letter of Authorization issued under §91.147 of this chapter. For nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted in accordance with part 136, subpart B of this chapter, National Parks Air Tour Management, the requirements of part 119 of this chapter apply unless excepted in §136.37(g)(2). For Nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, the requirements of SFAR 50-2, part 93, subpart U, and part 119 of this chapter, as applicable, apply.

(3) Ferry or training flights;

(4) Aerial work operations, including—

(i) Crop dusting, seeding, spraying, and bird chasing;

(ii) Banner towing;

(iii) Aerial photography or survey;

(iv) Fire fighting;

(v) Helicopter operations in construction or repair work (but it does apply to transportation to and from the site of operations); and

(vi) Powerline or pipeline patrol;

(5) Sightseeing flights conducted in hot air balloons;

(6) Nonstop flights conducted within a 25-statute-mile radius of the airport of takeoff carrying persons or objects for the purpose of conducting intentional parachute operations.

(7) Helicopter flights conducted within a 25 statute mile radius of the airport of takeoff if—

(i) Not more than two passengers are carried in the helicopter in addition to the required flightcrew;

(ii) Each flight is made under day VFR conditions;

(iii) The helicopter used is certificated in the standard category and complies with the 100-hour inspection requirements of part 91 of this chapter;

(iv) The operator notifies the FAA Flight Standards District Office responsible for the geographic area concerned at least 72 hours before each flight and furnishes any essential information that the office requests;

(v) The number of flights does not exceed a total of six in any calendar year;

(vi) Each flight has been approved by the Administrator; and

(vii) Cargo is not carried in or on the helicopter;

(8) Operations conducted under part 133 of this chapter or 375 of this title;

(9) Emergency mail service conducted under 49 U.S.C. 41906;

(10) Operations conducted under the provisions of §91.321 of this chapter; or

(11) Small UAS operations conducted under part 107 of this chapter.

Back