Anybody use simulators?

Whoa, that looks pretty realistic. Do those add ons have better engine sounds then the default ones?

Nah, if you want to have it really realistic. Have some stale, half-eaten sandwiches underneath the rudder panels, some fingerprint smudges on the EFIS displays, ample amounts of old dust, and, if you're ATL-based, a nice thin layover of Popeye's chicken grease on the yoke and the COM panel with smudges of dried sweet tea.

Nah, if you want to have it really realistic. Have some stale, half-eaten sandwiches underneath the rudder panels, some fingerprint smudges on the EFIS displays, ample amounts of old dust, and, if you're ATL-based, a nice thin layover of Popeye's chicken grease on the yoke and the COM panel with smudges of dried sweet tea.

:laff::laff::laff::laff::laff:

Eww.

Seriously Im still laughing.

If you are going to shut down any just do 2 or 3. It is better for controlability and systems wise you don't need the ADPs for brakes or NW Steering that way.

Well...I'd love to do that, but usually only #1 or #4 fails in the sim:bandit: I'd shut #3 down anyway. It's my least favorite.

You owe me a beer.

Whatcha doin' taxiing around after the failure? You guys got nothing better to do in that stimulator? Personally I think #1 and #4 should be constantly watched coz those things are very unreliable in the training world. Amazing how it's always the upwind one too....maybe Al Gore has an answer for that?

Beer on me in ANC or HKG when you get sprung from the jernt.

Kind of like when the RVR goes up to around 2000 in the simulator and it's the FO's leg. OMG, could it be... a V1 cut? :)

Whatcha doin' taxiing around after the failure? You guys got nothing better to do in that stimulator? Personally I think #1 and #4 should be constantly watched coz those things are very unreliable in the training world. Amazing how it's always the upwind one too....maybe Al Gore has an answer for that?

Beer on me in ANC or HKG when you get sprung from the jernt.

I'll see your beer and raise you one. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to appreciate both.

Funny how those things work out. BTW, can I ride CX from a point in the states to ANC?

Kind of like when the RVR goes up to around 2000 in the simulator and it's the FO's leg. OMG, could it be... a V1 cut?
:)

On the checkride after the normal landing: "Pre-V1 cut mint?"

Always reminds me I need to do more leg presses.

They'd always fail the left engine on V1 cuts in the mad dog...

I'd usually hit the mid-sim break with "Seminole/Duchess Leg".

I'll see your beer and raise you one. I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to appreciate both.

Funny how those things work out. BTW, can I ride CX from a point in the states to ANC?

Unfortunately no, they don't have a good grasp of the jumpseat thing.

They'd always fail the left engine on V1 cuts in the mad dog...

I'd usually hit the mid-sim break with "Seminole/Duchess Leg".

If you're leg's not quiverring and your back's not sweaty, the instructor is always disappointed.

Unfortunately no, they don't have a good grasp of the jumpseat thing.

That's what I'd have expected. There are discussions of your employer in the Expatriot section. Your expertise is required.

I'm not even done with training, and I feel softer and more intouch with my feelings already.

If you're leg's not quiverring and your back's not sweaty, the instructor is always disappointed.

Just about the time when you're in the simulator break room and he says, "Hey, you won'ta RC cola and a moon pie, son?"

Everyone talks smack but I think southerners are the best as sim instructors.

How often you come through ANC? At some point we should try and get all you heavy pilots and us locals together. That is if the schedules ever match:)

I come through a few times per month usually. This next trip has fairly short layovers but I might be able to get out.

Back