Anybody needing to talk

Stone Cold

Hey guys, it's a very stressful time in aviation right now. We're all feeling it, some absolutely more than others. My stress right now is working too much, whereas most pax guys are worried about their jobs.

I don't have an answer for either, but if anybody, and I absolutely mean anybody on here, ever needs to talk things out, feel free to call me, pm me, just get in touch with me, and I'll be happy to talk things over.

Seriously, if anybody has anything they need to talk out, I, and a bunch of others, would be happy to talk to you.

Joe
904 294 one two three two

Cheers y'all, and stay safe.

Good point @bimmerphile.

Last edited:
There's so much cool stuff out there. If you're not too saddled by debt getting a chance to do a fun gig or explore a new way of life for awhile would be pretty sweet. I was in between jobs, before I lucked out on something great, but in hindsight and if things ever went south I think I'd enjoy being a police officer somewhere or doing something to make a difference as I've known a few pilots I really respect who did some other stuff that in some ways was much cooler and the pilot life can be way too easy and repetitive.

Hey guys, it's a very stressful time in aviation right now. We're all feeling it, some absolutely more than others. My stress right now is working too much, whereas most pax guys are worried about their jobs.

I don't have an answer for either, but if anybody, and I absolutely mean anybody on here, ever needs to talk things out, feel free to call me, pm me, just get in touch with me, and I'll be happy to talk things over.

Seriously, if anybody has anything they need to talk out, I, and a bunch of others, would be happy to talk to you.

Joe
904 294 one two three two

Cheers y'all, and stay safe.

Good point @bimmerphile.

This is a good post, man. Good on ya.

0MyGI.jpg

Well, its obviously because there was no Area code...

Good on ya man. Likewise - I think we can all appreciate different aspects of this career, while some do well, others suffer. Its a tough path but it can work out. Feel free to PM me as well, (As a SWA guy pretty low on the pole, who will inevitable get some time off without pay if it doesn't get any better in the next few months)

I'm always available to chat too, especially in late evening and early morning hours, but even outside of those hours, you can always call me. Many of you have my phone number, but if you don't, PM me and I will give it to you.

These are unprecedented times and we need to be there for each other. We cannot get through this alone.

If anyone needs to be ignored, I’m your Huckleberry!

LOL... kidding. Been chatting with lots of younger folk in shock and providing that “not quite the same as the past ones, but this old white hair has seen similar bad chit... and worse outside of Aviation...” perspective.

My grandparents saw WAY worse, too.

Available to bore anyone to sleep who feels anxious any time. Just PM and we’ll do the online chat thing! Ha.

“This one time, at airplane camp...”

I got to fly my first trip in 3.5 months. First leg back was DCA-BGR through the rain bands of Isaias. Enjoying the flying till I most likely end back up on reserve again come October.

I’m mentoring 12 junior FOs who all received WARN notices. Have several peers who are on the chopping block or are facing downgrades.

I’m not as experienced as @Derg or @StoneCold but if anyone needs to vent feel free to DM me. I’ll throw you my number and we can chat.

Well, its obviously because there was no Area code...

Good on ya man. Likewise - I think we can all appreciate different aspects of this career, while some do well, others suffer. Its a tough path but it can work out. Feel free to PM me as well, (As a SWA guy pretty low on the pole, who will inevitable get some time off without pay if it doesn't get any better in the next few months)

In the same boat and happy to talk as well. Been on this forum since the early 2000s and happy to talk to anyone who wants or needs to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back