Any runners out there??????

I use the nike+ and garmin connect. Nike+ is good for mapping and recording miles. It's great for challenging friends and smack talk. The garmin obviously is great for recording heart rate info, cadence, instantaneous pace, etc. The garmin is also superior for elevation tracking. The other day my garmin was showing just over 300' elevation gain and loss over 8 miles, which is accurate. Nike showed 2800', which is obviously in error as I wasn't rock climbing. Together, they are pretty good.

If I had to pick one or the other, I'd go garmin. But as I listen to music on my phone as I run anyways, it's easy to run the nike+ as well. It can drain the battery though, depending on the device. Last year in Vegas my 4s died at just over 22 miles. This year in Denver, I ran with music and nike+ and finished with 55% battery life left on my 5s, not bad.

An update from my earlier post about knee pain:

The better half finally convinced me to go to the doctors and get it checked out, well it's a good thing I did. I ended up having a torn rotator cuff and a chondromalacia patella.The shoulder I can deal with, it's the knee that really irks me. Oh, well, 8 weeks of PT and my fingers are crossed I won't need surgery.

Running season is just about over here in upstate NY, getting out in the cold for a run SUCKS! but I've still been trying to get out and run once a week, and still attending classes at the local MMA gym as much as I can.

I run just for fun and health. How about you??????
For fun, health, keep weight off, the challenge to do better, "me time" to think about stuff, and because the Army keeps making me take a physical fitness test every six months.
I don't like crowds, so I don't usually do any organized 5k or 10k runs and I don't usually ever run with anyone either. The exceptions are Army PT and the Army PFT. I prefer the solitude and freedom to run at my own pace.

Back