Any rumors of PUBNAT 8?

Ready for some third-hand knowledge? At least the chain is pretty good, until you get down to me. This is from the ATO Central Service Director, via the Air Traffic Manager of a facility that will remain unnamed, who passed it along on StuckMic:

The Central Selection Panel to review Pub Nat 8 is tentatively set for 22-24 Jun and then again 19-21 Oct. The Air Traffic Organization (ATO) determines when the panels are held. Provided they do not push the panels back again and provided you are selected in Jun or Oct, your age will not be an issue. Once you are selected, interviewed and recommended then we issue your Tentative Offer Letter (TOL) this will freeze your age. The TOL is the only thing that freezes you age. Although once selections are made they run an age 31 list and those applicants that are close to age 31 are interviewed as soon as possible.

Course, you have to actually get selected first. That's the tough part.

I ran across this today in another forum.

Well, too late, just timed out yesterday.
I dont think I can get myself anywhere by calling the FAA before the panel meets anyway.

Good Luck, all you guys!

Sorry about you timing out... I'm getting too close for comfort- January. I've been talking to this guy at the center I want to work at and he told me a story of a guy a couple months ago who went through CTI school who turned 31 while in school, but no one told him he couldn't get hired after that date. His fault for not knowing the rules, but man, you'd think someone from the school would have clued him in before taking his money...

If panels are tentatively scheduled for June, wouldn't we have received our geographic preferences email by now?

I've heard 2-4 weeks before the panel, which doesn't seem like enough time, but what else about this process has made much sense.

I've heard 2-4 weeks before the panel, which doesn't seem like enough time, but what else about this process has made much sense.

Plus I would think they would give us enough notice to schedule off of work and make travel arrangements. This makes me think there aren't going to be any panels in June, but what do I know...

Plus I would think they would give us enough notice to schedule off of work and make travel arrangements. This makes me think there aren't going to be any panels in June, but what do I know...

Schedule travel arrangements??? For what? You don't go anywhere for panels. If your picked you get an email...so unless you need to travel great distances to check your email, I don't think travel arrangements are needed

You don't travel until the interview or, hopefully, the PEPC's take place.

If panels are tentatively scheduled for June, wouldn't we have received our geographic preferences email by now?

I wouldn't be surprised if they either cancel the June panels or, failing that, don't consider PUBNAT8 apps until a later one. They just shoved some PUBNAT7s into a pool of people that isn't moving anywhere, so no reason for them to do it with even more right now. They haven't even reopened VRA applications yet, so it's reasonable to expect that they're trying to slow things down.

Schedule travel arrangements??? For what? You don't go anywhere for panels. If your picked you get an email...so unless you need to travel great distances to check your email, I don't think travel arrangements are needed

Yeah, but he found a really good place with free wifi.

You don't travel until the interview or, hopefully, the PEPC's take place.

Good luck.

Great........I thought panels were the PEPC! It looks like I better learn the steps of the hiring process!!!
Read the post I spent hours typing on the main page of JetCareers.com

For all those who are wondering, I'm employed and still wishing the FAA hadn't fu**ed me over!

Read the post I spent hours typing on the main page of JetCareers.com

For all those who are wondering, I'm employed and still wishing the FAA hadn't fu**ed me over!

Don't wanna be mean, but not being good enough to pass the PV in okc isn't getting screwed by the FAA. Okc is designed to pretty much pass everyone and if someone can actually fail then that person shouldn't EVER be allowed near a job that controlls airplanes again

Hiring number plans for next year (En-route)

This came from the training manager at my center.
Next year there will be approx 300 new hires total for en-route. He doesn't know which centers are hurting the most for people, but according to him ZDV is over staffed and probably will only get a couple from that.

He wasn't positive, but he said he thinks all the hiring for en-route will come from only CTI or military.

Don't wanna be mean, but not being good enough to pass the PV in okc isn't getting screwed by the FAA. Okc is designed to pretty much pass everyone and if someone can actually fail then that person shouldn't EVER be allowed near a job that controlls airplanes again

No intentions of starting a flame war here, but you have no idea what happened when I took my PV or why I failed. In your eyes I may not be talented enough to do the job, and that's fine. But please know that I never gave my instructors a glimpse of inability to perform the job I was training to do.

Bip, I hope you don't become like the rest of the "grumpy" controllers and start walking around with a chip on your shoulder and your head up your @$$ because you're a controller now.

Good luck to all!

Jefe-- How are things going?

I wouldn't count on the PEPC's coming back in the near future, which is too bad. They were like informal JC/SM meet ups. Or get drunks, depending on who was there.

Hi swinte.

Back