Meeting in OKC today?

Unfortunately, it's quite tough to become a ATC'er in the military. Especially as an officer.

"In this economy," pilots have been screwed. All the unemployed pilots I know (including myself) have at least one FAA OTS application and one AF OTS application. Both avenues are highly competitive. Not to mention trying to get a UPT slot.

I would love to hear something positive. Does anyone have any success stories?

Just a VRA panel, interesting. Rostafari, nice to see you on here. Im on SM as well.. always enjoying your input

Hey, I thought that tail number looked familiar. There're a good number of cross-overs between JC and SM, although a lot of the JC crowd has been quiet lately since not much has been happening... you'll recognize a few other names, I'll bet.

"In this economy," pilots have been screwed. All the unemployed pilots I know (including myself) have at least one FAA OTS application and one AF OTS application. Both avenues are highly competitive. Not to mention trying to get a UPT slot.

That's interesting. I've met a couple of pilots who mentioned putting in for the PUBNATs. I didn't realize that it was a widespread thing, though.

No, it's a VRA panel. Their ref list recently came out

Wait a minute... this was JUST a VRA panel? Is that why all the CTI grad's on SM are being 'passed up'??

I was actually seriously considering going to a CTI school, but it's depressing seeing so many CTI grad's not being selected...

HR folks have said PUBNAT7 was considered this panel (and have also said PUBNAT8 will be considered in either June or October), so they should've been included.

It's much too early for people to be freaking out about not hearing back yet. The last day of selections was Thursday, less than a week ago. Give it time, y'all.

HR folks have said PUBNAT7 was considered this panel (and have also said PUBNAT8 will be considered in either June or October), so they should've been included.

It's much too early for people to be freaking out about not hearing back yet. The last day of selections was Thursday, less than a week ago. Give it time, y'all.

I heard that if you haven't heard anything by tonight at midnight E.S.T, then you're a non-selectee.

Well, not really. I really didn't hear anything. :D

So at least there is some sort of hope for Pubnat 8. There is still going to be a demand for controllers after they roll through all these backed up Pubnats. I am sure there will be a pubnat 9 my guess is mid year next year after all of us have been sorted out, that is just a guess all my information comes from careers and they have been telling me that I am still going to be considered this year. Good luck to everyone and if im not included on this round in 1,2,3,4,5 years whenever they do open up a pubnat again I will try to get in. I am only 21 so maybe there is a future in ATC for me.

I feel quite selfish for asking this question since I know there are many of you that have been waiting up to 2 years to be selected, but has anyone heard of any kind of expedited process for those who are about to turn 31? Not to go strait to OKC, but just getting the TOL... I'd obviously like to start as soon as possible, but I know that there are others in front of me. If I could just get the TOL, I would be able to sleep better at night knowing that I will eventually be going to OKC.

I feel quite selfish for asking this question since I know there are many of you that have been waiting up to 2 years to be selected, but has anyone heard of any kind of expedited process for those who are about to turn 31? Not to go strait to OKC, but just getting the TOL... I'd obviously like to start as soon as possible, but I know that there are others in front of me. If I could just get the TOL, I would be able to sleep better at night knowing that I will eventually be going to OKC.

Ready for some third-hand knowledge? At least the chain is pretty good, until you get down to me. This is from the ATO Central Service Director, via the Air Traffic Manager of a facility that will remain unnamed, who passed it along on StuckMic:

The Central Selection Panel to review Pub Nat 8 is tentatively set for 22-24 Jun and then again 19-21 Oct. The Air Traffic Organization (ATO) determines when the panels are held. Provided they do not push the panels back again and provided you are selected in Jun or Oct, your age will not be an issue. Once you are selected, interviewed and recommended then we issue your Tentative Offer Letter (TOL) this will freeze your age. The TOL is the only thing that freezes you age. Although once selections are made they run an age 31 list and those applicants that are close to age 31 are interviewed as soon as possible.

Course, you have to actually get selected first. That's the tough part.

Thanks for the info, rossta... Thats the best news i've heard in a long time, although I know that it can change at anytime. This good news bad news thing is getting old quick, but again, I know there are others that have waited a lot longer than I have...

Back