Anti-vax rental requirement

I've always wondered why all of the crazy stories seem to come from Florida. It turns out there are laws requiring any arrest and the circumstances leading up to it are made available to the public before any conviction. I think there's a lot of weird stuff happening in every state but because of these loopholes there are websites devoted to scouring that info and we get tons of stories about weird stuff in Florida. I'm not sure how you'd get a fair jury trial there but it is what is. That doesn't explain the weirdness in Germany or Japan.

Florida can kiss my ass.

I remember the year before I left, I was headed on a trip which included a triple BOS layover in the winter. So I stopped by the Altamonte Springs mall to buy a coat so I wouldn't freeze on my layovers. The clerks at the Altamonte Springs mall followed me around like I was effing Harry Styles to the point that mild-mannered twenty-something Derg stopped and asked why they were following me around.

"Well, we've had a lot of shrinkage"

Meanwhile, just over the clerks shoulder, flanked by three other clerks, there was someone that didn't match my demographics literally stuffing belts into her bag. Meanwhile, I easily out earned their manager but I was the threat and they were a-ok with assuming that I was there to shoplift.

I hate that state. That wasn't the only instance and that was demeaning AF and no one cared. Two weeks later I was invited to attend a wedding at a venue with the word "plantation" in it.

I've always wondered why all of the crazy stories seem to come from Florida. It turns out there are laws requiring any arrest and the circumstances leading up to it are made available to the public before any conviction.

In Florida, it is almost any government record. Which is one of the good things about Florida. Beaches, boating, fishing, no income tax, lots of airports, proximity to the Bahamas for more fishing and boating would be the other good things.

For everything else, well, plenty of Florida Man stories in the news to keep you entertained.

Florida can kiss my ass.

I remember the year before I left, I was headed on a trip which included a triple BOS layover in the winter. So I stopped by the Altamonte Springs mall to buy a coat so I wouldn't freeze on my layovers. The clerks at the Altamonte Springs mall followed me around like I was effing Harry Styles to the point that mild-mannered twenty-something Derg stopped and asked why they were following me around.

Meanwhile, just over the clerks shoulder, flanked by three other clerks, there was someone that didn't match my demographics literally stuffing belts into her bag. Meanwhile, I easily out earned their manager but I was the threat and they were a-ok with assuming that I was there to shoplift.

I hate that state. That wasn't the only instance and that was demeaning AF and no one cared. Two weeks later I was invited to attend a wedding at a venue with the word "plantation" in it.
Did you assume I was defending Florida from my post? I've only actually been there on layovers on trips to the carribean. I was just explaining something I'd heard about why we hear all of these stories. I'm pretty sure crazy stories happen almost everywhere we just don't hear about them.

Florida can kiss my ass.

What I observed growing up in Massachusetts was worse.

One thing I'll never forget, my mom telling me about the police calling her at work all the time because they were about to arrest her boss. A partner at a good size law firm. For taking a paycheck to the bank.

Of course, in Florida, I could go to jail for saying that in a Florida school.

Did you assume I was defending Florida from my post? I've only actually been there on layovers on trips to the carribean. I was just explaining something I'd heard about why we hear all of these stories. I'm pretty sure crazy stories happen almost everywhere we just don't hear about them.

Nah, bruh, didn't even see you were even in this thread. Simma! Simma down nah!

Ha! Points!

Truth be told, I generally read the post without regard to the author.

Totally unrelated... we need to buddy bid an ICN some time before I upgrade and get regulated to reserve or Vegas red eyes for the next 10 years.

Florida can kiss my ass.

You should have said:

Am I on ‘What Would You Do?’ because your acting is superb.

@BobDDuck - once I'm out of the schedule effery that is IOE/TQ, I'm also looking at some HNL layovers. I'm feeling some ramen or at least a hike and some potato-mac coming on!

@BobDDuck - once I'm out of the schedule effery that is IOE/TQ, I'm also looking at some HNL layovers. I'm feeling some ramen or at least a hike and some potato-mac coming on!
Have you done Three Peaks yet? I always loved that hike. When you park the rental car leave nothing inside and just roll all the windows down and hope the rest don't get smashed on principle.

Actually, there are a fair number of serious (apparently 'normal') people in Germany, including physicians, who are also concerned about the vaccine's effect on the heart. Maybe they're just as nutty as those discussed above, but having watched and listened to them, they didn't seem like fanatics. But hey, even peanut butter gets a few people every year....

Ehhh ... German, American, Dutch ... whatever, in the end something gets every damned one of us.

I personally would take the few extra years, assuming QOL was still good, Mom and Grandma made it into their 90s cooking with Crisco, eating eggs and fried foods nearly every day, and chain-smoking 3 packs of Newports daily. Dad didn't make it to 68 despite trying to live a more healthy lifestyle.

Buckle your seatbelt, wear a helmet riding your bike, eat a bunch of green things, and get vaxxed or not (I did), make a difference when you can, and still - ultimately - someone, someday before you're ready will likely say some nice things when you step into the Great Beyond.

Cynical? I guess.

True?

Yep.

Live while you can, and matter to someone for whom you don't work.

Last edited:
The free market exists so you dont have to rent planes from anyone you dont want to. If enough people dont like this policy and stop renting, they will either change policy or go out of business.

On the other hand, if this company mandated a vaccine they would be called by the OP and others here extremely virtuous and demand any employees be fired for not being vaccinated.

I wont ever forget all the so-called pro-union, pro-labor Democrats and leftists gleefully happy that all their co-workers who did not get vaccinated would have to choose between putting food on the table and taking a vaccine they did not trust. All were dissapointed when exemptions were granted and their enemies could keep their jobs. All this happened for a vaccine that doesnt stop the spread, doesnt prevent infection, and was rushed to the market because it was the only way we were told we could get back to normal life.

The free market exists so you dont have to rent planes from anyone you dont want to. If enough people dont like this policy and stop renting, they will either change policy or go out of business.

On the other hand, if this company mandated a vaccine they would be called by the OP and others here extremely virtuous and demand any employees be fired for not being vaccinated.

I wont ever forget all the so-called pro-union, pro-labor Democrats and leftists gleefully happy that all their co-workers who did not get vaccinated would have to choose between putting food on the table and taking a vaccine they did not trust. All were dissapointed when exemptions were granted and their enemies could keep their jobs. All this happened for a vaccine that doesnt stop the spread, doesnt prevent infection, and was rushed to the market because it was the only way we were told we could get back to normal life.
I thought better of you

I trust you’d refuse the rabies vaccine if you were bitten by a rabid animal. For logical consistency. Right?

Back