Anti-vax rental requirement

ahw01

Sadly, a school I have rented from - anyone else heard of this?
I pride myself on being able to fly with even the most rabid right wingers, but this is a new low.

Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) Requirement​

Effective January 22, 2023: All students or renters who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA injection, and who wish to act as pilot in command (PIC) in our aircraft, must complete a Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) and show proof of completing this test before their first solo flight or rental. All students and renters who present us with proof of payment for the test will receive a $250 credit on their flight training and aircraft rental account — so the test won’t cost you anything. We don’t need to see your test results, just a receipt for payment for the test. It is our hope that this effort will encourage all pilots to get tested, find out where they stand, and get help if necessary.

Under HIPAA, I think the proof of payment is subject to the same privacy protections as the actual test results. Weird that they would want customers to disclose and assume the burden of holding that health information in their busienss records. Hope they don'ethave any unpermitted releases of that info. Anyhoo.

Under HIPAA, I think the proof of payment is subject to the same privacy protections as the actual test results. Weird that they would want customers to disclose and assume the burden of holding that health information in their busienss records. Hope they don'ethave any unpermitted releases of that info. Anyhoo.

They're not a Covered Entity so HIPAA likely doesn't apply.

It's still a weird ask.

I pride myself on being able to fly with even the most rabid right wingers, but this is a new low.

Effective January 22, 2023: All students or renters who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA injection, and who wish to act as pilot in command (PIC) in our aircraft, must complete a Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) and show proof of completing this test before their first solo flight or rental. All students and renters who present us with proof of payment for the test will receive a $250 credit on their flight training and aircraft rental account — so the test won’t cost you anything. We don’t need to see your test results, just a receipt for payment for the test. It is our hope that this effort will encourage all pilots to get tested, find out where they stand, and get help if necessary.
This is why we can’t have nice things.

Do you think this flight school has a FOQA level program to protect the identity of the participants?

So this system is supposed to protect the identity of the customers that "got the jab" and this MCG test, what's stopping someone from submitting a fake receipt to gain $250 in flight credits?

Dur, ok boss, I've never had a Covid vax.
You sure are smrt boss!

Probably crappy planes anyway

Back