Anti-vax rental requirement

Ha! Nice detective work.

I knew I would be right about it being from a state full of idiots. I lived in South FL for over seven years, so unfortunately I have some experience with the place.

Edit:
If they are actually concerned about myocarditis, they would be much better off including unvaccinated people that caught COVID:

Last edited:
Pilots are weird.

Unionized employees who favor the most anti-labor politicians.

Highly educated people whose work is dependent upon the pinnacle of human scientific understanding and engineering... but who favor anti science conspiracy theories.

People who travel the world and see any number of different cultures, religions, ethnicities, but who are largely xenophobic.

Make a decent salary but do anything they can to turn cash into vapor from converting to Iraqi dinars or crypto currency to burying gold in a school bus filled with ammo in the back yard just in case there's a zombie appocolypse.

We should be so proud.
giphy.gif

Actually, there are a fair number of serious (apparently 'normal') people in Germany, including physicians, who are also concerned about the vaccine's effect on the heart. Maybe they're just as nutty as those discussed above, but having watched and listened to them, they didn't seem like fanatics. But hey, even peanut butter gets a few people every year....

Pilots are weird.

People who travel the world and see any number of different cultures, religions, ethnicities, but who are largely xenophobic.

From what I've seen, the guys that fly international that are still hugely racist and xenophobic never make it farther than the sports bar or "Irish" pub across the street from the hotel wherever they happen to be.

I went way too deep into this. Apparently after getting your MCG results they suggest discussing it with a specific clinic. That clinic appears to specialize in unregulated compound hormone pills that you have injected into your ass. Someone who is just looking to rent a plane might get a bit more than they bargained for.

I went way too deep into this. Apparently after getting your MCG results they suggest discussing it with a specific clinic. That clinic appears to specialize in unregulated compound hormone pills that you have injected into your ass. Someone who is just looking to rent a plane might get a bit more than they bargained for.

Let me guess, that clinic is owned by someone in the same family that owns the flight school?

Pilots are weird.

Highly educated people whose work is dependent upon the pinnacle of human scientific understanding and engineering... but who favor anti science conspiracy theories.

Make a decent salary but do anything they can to turn cash into vapor from converting to Iraqi dinars or crypto currency to burying gold in a school bus filled with ammo in the back yard just in case there's a zombie appocolypse.

We should be so proud.
giphy.gif
I know each pilot group's jib is cut a little different, but I've met many, many fantastically adventurous and caring pilots at my shop...even on the 737...yes, even boomers. They tend to be full of both gratitude and wisdom.

But there is that segment...I just don't understand them. How did they get that way? I think I know, but it's not forum material.

Pilots are weird.

We should be so proud.
giphy.gif
Dude. My exact thoughts but your words.

Actually, there are a fair number of serious (apparently 'normal') people in Germany, including physicians, who are also concerned about the vaccine's effect on the heart. Maybe they're just as nutty as those discussed above, but having watched and listened to them, they didn't seem like fanatics. But hey, even peanut butter gets a few people every year....

Germans are weird. Some of the best engineering in the world, but boy do they have some nutters.

Almost all of the international financial conspiracy theorists (know as “Apes”) are Germans. These are the guys that blather in about how GameStop, Bed Bath and Beyond, and Sears are going to short squeeze and make them all multibillionaires. They are right up there with QAnon for how insane they are.

So it doesn’t surprise me that they have some nut job fringe medical people as well.

Sadly, a school I have rented from - anyone else heard of this?
I pride myself on being able to fly with even the most rabid right wingers, but this is a new low.

Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) Requirement​

Effective January 22, 2023: All students or renters who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA injection, and who wish to act as pilot in command (PIC) in our aircraft, must complete a Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) and show proof of completing this test before their first solo flight or rental. All students and renters who present us with proof of payment for the test will receive a $250 credit on their flight training and aircraft rental account — so the test won’t cost you anything. We don’t need to see your test results, just a receipt for payment for the test. It is our hope that this effort will encourage all pilots to get tested, find out where they stand, and get help if necessary.

Oh bless their anti-science hearts. I'm sure they're up on their 100 hour and annual 'government mandated' inspections tho!@

Pilots are weird.

We should be so proud.
giphy.gif

Pilots: I hate big labor

Also Pilots: What's ALPA gonna do about that trip I didn't get? We should shut down the airline!

For crazy man stories it’s FL and AZ.

But for anti-vax, I thought FL and TX. Not sure how AZ stacks up against those two.
I've always wondered why all of the crazy stories seem to come from Florida. It turns out there are laws requiring any arrest and the circumstances leading up to it are made available to the public before any conviction. I think there's a lot of weird stuff happening in every state but because of these loopholes there are websites devoted to scouring that info and we get tons of stories about weird stuff in Florida. I'm not sure how you'd get a fair jury trial there but it is what is. That doesn't explain the weirdness in Germany or Japan.

Back