Amflight B1900/B99 D.E.C.?

FlyByWire22

Two questions for all the experience on the boards. Firstly, with the new ATP rule and Great Lakes reducing their hiring mins to 750TT, do you think other carriers will follow suit to circumnavigate the new rule? (Would that even be an option for other regionals that are 121?) Second, if someone went to a carrier such as Silver or Great Lakes, and got SIC typed in the 1900, would they be eligible to be a direct entry captain in either of the beeches at Ameriflight with ~1500 hours, 750 hours of time in type, and PIC type training, or do they require more time per insurance requirements?

Ameriflight has hired a "street captain" in a 1900, but it was a rare occurrence for a certain need, and the person had significant experience with other part 135 companies. Anyone hired would still have to go through indoc/type training/etc... It is part 135, you will have to do it anywhere you go. Ameriflights is one of the tougher programs in part 135. Many pilots that do well at other companies wash out at Ameriflight. Not to discourage you, but be prepared for the training.

If you've got 300 multi. Direct into the 99 is definitely a possibility these days. No idea on the 1900/Metro. They haven't hired anyone directly into that lately. That I'm aware of at least. SIC =/= single pilot PIC freight. What I mean by that mostly is that Ameriflight training is no joke, and people wash out on upgrades all the time. MANY new hires wash out of indoc as well.

Two questions for all the experience on the boards. Firstly, with the new ATP rule and Great Lakes reducing their hiring mins to 750TT, do you think other carriers will follow suit to circumnavigate the new rule? (Would that even be an option for other regionals that are 121?) Second, if someone went to a carrier such as Silver or Great Lakes, and got SIC typed in the 1900, would they be eligible to be a direct entry captain in either of the beeches at Ameriflight with ~1500 hours, 750 hours of time in type, and PIC type training, or do they require more time per insurance requirements?
Short answer is no, because AMF requires a single pilot type, not that you wont get it in training anyways. Also you only need 135 IFR mins to fly the 1900, so you don't need the ATP. Honestly I don't see many 1900 SICs making it through training, even on the same airplane.

They have been hurting for pilots as far as I can remember. Direct entry into the 99 is totally possible and often happens when nobody wants to take an upgrade to a really crappy location. What the others said was correct, the training really is no joke. I wouldn't expect to get an SIC in the 1900 and go through a PIC type at AMF easily.

I'm sure this is going to come across wrong but I really didn't think training at amflight was all that hard. It was just, training. A few weeks of studying your ass off and strong IFR skills in the sim. Airnet training was close to 2 or 3 times as hard.

If you've got 300 multi. Direct into the 99 is definitely a possibility these days. No idea on the 1900/Metro. They haven't hired anyone directly into that lately. That I'm aware of at least. SIC =/= single pilot PIC freight. What I mean by that mostly is that Ameriflight training is no joke, and people wash out on upgrades all the time. MANY new hires wash out of indoc as well.

300 multi? More like 100 these days, even less in some cases.

I'm sure this is going to come across wrong but I really didn't think training at amflight was all that hard. It was just, training. A few weeks of studying your ass off and strong IFR skills in the sim. Airnet training was close to 2 or 3 times as hard.
It's more difficult than say Flight Safety, and it's unlikely that a 1900 SIC has developed the skills to be single pilot pic. I think that's what people are saying.

AMF hires SIC pilots all the time for the Metro/1900

Please contact "eagle jet" for future openings soon!

I know I'm kidding. But just get hired in the Bro with only 400hrs and build your time and brake your back.

I thought Flight Express was more difficult, but only because they crammed what AMF did, into 2 days.

I think you were here before the new SOPs that made everything more complicated that it needs to be. Particularly with the Chieftain and 99. For what it's worth, 99 training was a lot harder than the Metro for me. Chronic fatigue was a factor in that though. For most, the chieftain was the hardest.(I didn't fly it, so I don't know)

AMF hires SIC pilots all the time for the Metro/1900

Please contact "eagle jet" for future openings soon!

I know I'm kidding. But just get hired in the Bro with only 400hrs and build your time and brake your back.

This, but without the grammatical error. :)

There's two FOs in Puerto Rico that want 99s pretty bad

I thought Flight Express was more difficult, but only because they crammed what AMF did, into 2 days.

I think you were here before the new SOPs that made everything more complicated that it needs to be. Particularly with the Chieftain and 99. For what it's worth, 99 training was a lot harder than the Metro for me. Chronic fatigue was a factor in that though. For most, the chieftain was the hardest.(I didn't fly it, so I don't know)
I only flew the metro.
1 week of entertainment with Bob.
Then two weeks in BFI where I learned a lot, mostly to respect the airplane and enough time to meet my future wife.

Great Lakes to AMF? Aim higher!
Reserve at Ameriflight. Your argument is invalid. :)
1459088_10100777429407325_1922115079_n.jpg

Ehhh, the goal is to build hours so being paid crap and on call is not as great as you make it sound.
Meh, a regional would never touch this. The pilot group helps. At any rate, I've got my 1000, just cruising until something better comes along.

Back