Amflight B1900/B99 D.E.C.?

A big reason I came to AMF is that I still don't know where I want to end up long term in aviation other than more money, more time off. After a year or two here I can still go either corporate or 121. Now I'm leaning towards going corporate or charter next, and maybe eventually leaving that for a legacy depending on how things look when that time comes.

For now, back to my reduced rest in a crappy motel in the Texas panhandle.

Who is doing the San Angelo run?

I don't believe that most AMF pilots go to a regional. Most go air ambulance or corporate. Lots of newbies who've only flown for the company up to a year and a half may leave for the regional.
With respect, those newbs are the majority of the company. 200 pilot (not growing) group. 7-10 hired every month. The math proves most of these plane must be moved by guys sub two years.

With respect, those newbs are the majority of the company. 200 pilot (not growing) group. 7-10 hired every month. The math proves most of these plane must be moved by guys sub two years.

The rest is management. I would say 10% of the pilot group there are long timers that aren't in some sort of training/management roll.

A big reason I came to AMF is that I still don't know where I want to end up long term in aviation other than more money, more time off.
Pretty much why I chose to go to AMF. I knew it would open more doors than close. Can't say that about the 121 world.

I ended up going 121 since that is what the major would like to see. I believe the TPIC and experience still has some worth. Both united and delta ask how much flight time you have in the 135 environment. Definitely helps make a pilot a "well rounded" individual.

I personally know of 2 to 3 former Amflight pilots not including me being hired by 121 carriers such as Alaska, Southwest, and Allegiant after leaving Amflight and never going to a regional. This was between 15 and 20 years ago. What I do see in some of the post are some pilots thinking their single pilot multi engine turbine time is more important than 135 or 121 crew time in jet aircraft with glass. That's a mistake if that's your line of thinking. The best thing any pilot/employee can do is making connections at whatever company you work for because without them this occupation is definitely a dream. Be advised I do know of a case whereas a pilot was in consideration for a position at a legacy until some connections from another pilot shared this pilot's habit of failing some pilots on a rogue checkride, needless to say this pilot wasn't hired. What goes around comes around, keep that nose clean!

I personally know of 2 to 3 former Amflight pilots not including me being hired by 121 carriers such as Alaska, Southwest, and Allegiant after leaving Amflight and never going to a regional. This was between 15 and 20 years ago. What I do see in some of the post are some pilots thinking their single pilot multi engine turbine time is more important than 135 or 121 crew time in jet aircraft with glass. That's a mistake if that's your line of thinking. The best thing any pilot/employee can do is making connections at whatever company you work for because without them this occupation is definitely a dream. Be advised I do know of a case whereas a pilot was in consideration for a position at a legacy until some connections from another pilot shared this pilot's habit of failing some pilots on a rogue checkride, needless to say this pilot wasn't hired. What goes around comes around, keep that nose clean!

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I am also glad to hear you say that. It might make some of those who are guilty of that type of behavior in the training environment think twice. When you fail people, or fire people for little to no reason, you are literally, littering the industry with people that now hate you. That is a dire mistake for those individuals.

jmreii, I am also guessing you were in the Lear program?

To update on DEC into AMF, if I had to take a guess, I think they are continuing to hurt for pilots. I have over 5 friends that have left within the last month, all Metro or 1900 drivers.

Back