AMF going glass?

There is a test 99 in BUR right now with a GTN 750. Thats what the fleet is supposedly being upgraded with.

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!!

Most I've laughed today.

Even if they "start to put glass in the airplanes" It'll be 25 years before all of them have it. They said the pa31's would all have 430's over a year ago.

Speaking of softness, except for the pa31's it's rarely ever single pilot.(technically, but nevertheless).

Ya we were told 1 a month for the GPS upgrades back in the day. Not too sure what happened to that. It takes so long to retrofit a 750 into a 99 that I would imagine it being a very slooooow rollout.

Speaking of softness, except for the pa31's it's rarely ever single pilot.(technically, but nevertheless).

Depends on your base. 90% of my Metro flying is SP. Otherwise your comment is correct. There seem to be many Koreans needing flight time.

Ya we were told 1 a month for the GPS upgrades back in the day. Not too sure what happened to that. It takes so long to retrofit a 750 into a 99 that I would imagine it being a very slooooow rollout.
The problem is, at least from what I've seen, the only mechanics capable of doing it are in BUR, and I'd guess there's not a whole lot of them at that.

Depends on your base. 90% of my Metro flying is SP. Otherwise your comment is correct. There seem to be many Koreans needing flight time.
I look back upon the tranquility of flying by myself.... it's so peaceful, so relaxing. No one screaming in my ear, easier to just do everything myself. I don't get embarrassed because the plane I crawl out of (onto a ramp full of pilots) had the worst landing I've seen since watching a pre-solo student learn. "oh sure blame it on your FO".

I look back upon the tranquility of flying by myself.... it's so peaceful, so relaxing. No one screaming in my ear, easier to just do everything myself. I don't get embarrassed because the plane I crawl out of (onto a ramp full of pilots) had the worst landing I've seen since watching a pre-solo student learn. "oh sure blame it on your FO".

Sure it was him....

Maybe they should take the money for this crap and invest it into pilot retention, aka salary.

Ehhhh that would get old. It's nice to fly with someone else (in freight) every once in a while. But everyday of the wet foot FO stepping on my seat? Pass.

Maybe they should take the money for this crap and invest it into pilot retention, aka salary.

They would have to care about pilot retention first which I don't think is a big priority. Plus the up and coming ADS-B requirement is the reason for the GTN 750 upgrade is my guess.

Back