AMF going glass?

Our competition gets paid more. We were supposedly slated for a raise but some unexpected fees were issued.

Our competition gets paid more. We were supposedly slated for a raise but some unexpected fees were issued.
Our largest competitors pay less. Key Lime and Martex are much larger than the small localized competitors we have that pay better. When a martex caravan pays 30% less for a similar sized airframe on similar routes we run into issues.

I know you know this, but I find it hard to believe a raise was ever near coming. Perhaps with this supposed pilot shortage there may be raises because of a lack of pilots. Otherwise I don't see it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Fees? Like two metro gear ups and one metro runway excursion. Two burned up 99 engines due to Foreign Objects the "FO"s forgetting the dipsticks. One pilot burning up an engine in flight while having the brilliant idea of pulling the T handles at cruise power for the fuel integrity check. The money set aside went to pay for all this because the insurance said nah we aint paying.

I am going to be based in PDX. realistically what kind of schedules are up there? Leave time and home time I can expect. Thanks. Very excited to start!

I am going to be based in PDX. realistically what kind of schedules are up there? Leave time and home time I can expect. Thanks. Very excited to start!
If you live within 15 mins of the airport you should expect to leave about 620am and be back at your door by 9pm.

Fees? Like two metro gear ups and one metro runway excursion. Two burned up 99 engines due to Foreign Objects the "FO"s forgetting the dipsticks. One pilot burning up an engine in flight while having the brilliant idea of pulling the T handles at cruise power for the fuel integrity check. The money set aside went to pay for all this because the insurance said nah we aint paying.
To me it seems like it'd be cheaper not to have a revolving door of employees.... and some experience.

I believe the phrase is 'Step over a dollar to save a dime'. It's not an uncommon attitude, but AMF has it worse than most.

k9gbyv.jpg

It exists.

almost looks out of place in an AMF 99.

either way its good they are actually starting to get with the times...

almost looks out of place in an AMF 99.

either way its good they are actually starting to get with the times...
And at 1 per month, they'll have them fleetwide by..... 2017.
Of course everything was going to get a gps not long ago to. And a handful or airplanes actually do have a gps.

And at 1 per month, they'll have them fleetwide by..... 2017.
Of course everything was going to get a gps not long ago to. And a handful or airplanes actually do have a gps.
When I worked for them the fleet was around 15% GPS, We were told 1-2 a/c a month then too, at least not it looks like they are finally getting around to it.

When I worked for them the fleet was around 15% GPS, We were told 1-2 a/c a month then too, at least not it looks like they are finally getting around to it.
At least where I'm at 1 airplane has gps. In pdx a lot of the pa31's do, but they have to because there's enough airports with only gps approaches now.

Back